Solicitor of the Supreme Court of England and Wales.
Daniel is a English lawyer who has been based in Warsaw since 2006. He focuses on CEE/SEE, in particular Poland, Ukraine and Turkey. Daniel advises strategic investors and private equity sponsors on M&A transactions across the region.
“Warsaw-based Daniel Cousens has an extensive track record in cross-border instructions in Poland and the CEE region, particularly in Ukraine and the Baltic countries. He is also active on transactions involving Turkey.” Chambers Global 2016, Poland: Corporate/M&A
Daniel’s recent experience includes advising:
- beIN Media on the acquisition of Digiturk from private equity sponsor Providence and Cukurova Group
- UniCredit Group on its sale of UkrSotsBank to Alfa Group's ABH Holdings, a privately owned Luxembourg-based holding company for banking activities in the CIS
- Fiba Holding A.S. on shareholders’ arrangements with EBRD and IFC in relation to Fibabanka
- Yildiz Holding on the reported $3.2bln+ acquisition of United Biscuits – Turkey’s largest outbound acquisition
- PZU SA on the sale of its Lithuanian subsidiary PZU Lietuva to Gjensidige Forsikring ASA
For Daniel's full CV and transaction experience please click here.
2013 to date Partner Linklaters, Warsaw
2006 - 2013 Managing Associate, Counsel, Linklaters, Warsaw
2002 - 2006 Associate, Linklaters Moscow
1996 - 1997 Conflict resolution project officer in Georgia, for a UK NGO and the European Commission
1997 - 1998 CPE, Exeter University
1992 - 1995 University College London and Université d’Aix – Marseille III, LL.B in English Law and French Law
Native English, fluent French, Russian and Polish