There is a reason why we are one of the leading corporate law practices with a truly global presence: we make it our business to understand our clients’ businesses.
We are a relationship driven firm and advise clients across the globe on their most complex and important transactions. We are at the forefront of developing innovative structures to simplify the complexities inherent in corporate deals – in established and emerging markets. Our experience extends beyond transactional work and we also look after our clients through every stage of the company life-cycle.
Clients benefit from our comprehensive experience across all corporate disciplines, including:
- Public M&A
- Private M&A
- Joint ventures
- Growth by alternatives to M&A
- Corporate advisory
- Regulatory Compliance
We also have preeminent private equity and capital markets practices.
Our corporate practice is supported by global teams of market-leading tax,real estate, employment and incentives, pensions, anti-trust/competition, regulatory and litigation experts as well as teams offering the full range of finance support including all aspects of banking, capital markets and restructuring transactions.
Recent key deals include advising:
- SABMiller plc on the US$108bn recommended acquisition of SABMiller plc by Anheuser-Busch InBev SA/NV
- Deutsche Börse AG in relation to its recommended all-share merger of equals with London Stock Exchange Group plc
- on the US$100bn reorganisation, merger and spin-off of two of the largest listed companies in Hong Kong, Cheung Kong and Hutchison Whampoa, and the subsequent listing of their merged property business
- Visa Europe Ltd on the €21.2bn sale of 100% of its share capital to Visa Inc
- Al Noor Hospitals Group plc on its £6.8bn combination with Mediclinic International Limited
- Home Retail Group plc on the £1.2bn recommended cash and share offer by J Sainsbury plc
- Home Retail Group plc on the disposal of Homebase to Bunnings (UK & I) Holdings Limited, a subsidiary of Wesfarmers Limited for cash consideration of GBP £340m
- Long-term Investments, one of the shareholders of Pirelli, in ChemChina’s €7.1bn acquisition of Pirelli
Just Eat plc on its €125m acquisition of the shares in online takeaway food businesses trading in Brazil (HelloFood Brazil), Mexico (HelloFood Brazil), Italy (PizzaBo/HelloFood Italy), and Spain (La Nevera Roja) from Rocket Internet SE
Delhaize Group S.A. on its €26bn cross-border merger with and into Netherlands-based listed retailer Ahold
Novartis in its transformational restructuring involving three strategic deals with GlaxoSmithKline (GSK). The deals include the acquisition of GSK’s oncology division, the sale of Novartis’ vaccines business and the creation of a joint venture involving the contribution of Novartis’ OTC business with GSK’s consumer healthcare business
Recruit Holdings Co., Ltd. on its €1.42bn all-cash tender offer for USG People, the listed Dutch staffing and HR services company
Amlin plc on the recommended £3.4bn cash offer by Mitsui Sumitomo Insurance Company Limited
Glencore plc on its US$10.2bn capital preservation/debt reduction programme, including its US$2.5bn equity raise and US$2.5bn sale of a minority stake in its Agri division
LetterOne Holdings S.A. on its €5.1bn acquisition of all shares in oil and gas company RWE Dea AG in a private auction from DAX listed RWE AG
TMT Generation Next microsite
Access our TMT microsite to download the full report and browse features including an interactive map allowing you to filter information by trend, country and risk forecast.
China's growth on the world stage
Read the Linklaters China report to see how China’s focus on sustainable growth will affect your organisation, sector and region.
Negotiating Europe's LBO debt mountain
Our new Europe’s LBO debt report
collects market knowledge and our views and experience on issues concerning the management of refinancing LBOs, and analyses the options for addressing this refinancing need.Watch our video