Linklaters’ globally integrated investment management practice provides clients with responsive, market-aware, innovative advice and solutions. Strength, depth and experience across the full spectrum of investment fund products and unparalleled global reach has ensured that Linklaters is widely recognised as having the leading investment management practice across Europe, the Americas and Asia.
Linklaters’ Investment Management Group has helped to structure and represent investment funds that have raised over US$150 billion of capital over the last four years. Leading investment management companies, investment and commercial banks and institutional investors rely on the firm’s expertise in complex, challenging cross-border funds products that bridge disciplines and regulatory regimes.
Specialist investment management lawyers advise on the structuring, formation, taxation and regulation of all types of investment funds for investment in all types of asset classes: including real estate, securities, debt, derivatives and other alternative financial instruments, large pension funds, private equity, infrastructure and green energy type investments. We also actively represent a select group of institutional investors, including public and private US and non-US retirement plans, funds of funds, sovereign wealth funds, foundations and endowments with respect to their investments in private investment funds. We have expertise in:
- providing strategic house structuring advice, including currently in relation to Brexit
- structuring and organising offshore and domestic open and closed-ended investment companies, unit trusts, investment trusts, limited partnerships, “fonds communs de placement” (“FCPs”) and other vehicles, including: real estate funds; infrastructure funds; UCITS; private equity funds; hedge funds and other alternative investment funds for investors located throughout the world;
- structuring and establishing carried interest and other remuneration and co-investment schemes;
- structuring and advising on co-investment vehicles and direct co-investments;
- representing a diverse group of leading institutional investors with respect to their private fund investments;
- investment fund/asset management spin outs and IPOs;
- reconstruction, mergers and migration of investment funds;
- local financial services legislation in relevant jurisdictions; and
- tax structuring/planning for investment funds.
Linklaters’ global Investment Management Group has dedicated teams of funds lawyers in the key financial centres of New York, London, Hong Kong and Frankfurt, and, in the principal funds establishment jurisdiction in Europe, Luxembourg. More widely we have specialists in Paris, Amsterdam, Spain, Portugal, Italy, Dubai, Tokyo, Bangkok, Shanghai and Beijing and Singapore.