There is a reason why we are one of the leading corporate law practices with a truly global presence: we make it our business to understand our clients’ businesses.
We are a relationship driven firm and advise clients across the globe on their most complex and important transactions. We are at the forefront of developing innovative structures to simplify the complexities inherent in corporate deals – in established and emerging markets. Our experience extends beyond transactional work and we also look after our clients through every stage of the company life-cycle.
Clients benefit from our comprehensive experience across all corporate disciplines, including:
- Public M&A
- Private M&A
- Joint ventures
- Growth by alternatives to M&A
- Corporate advisory
- Regulatory Compliance
We also have preeminent private equity and capital markets practices.
Our corporate practice is supported by global teams of market-leading tax,real estate, employment and incentives, pensions, anti-trust/competition, regulatory and litigation experts as well as teams offering the full range of finance support including all aspects of banking, capital markets and restructuring transactions.
Recent key deals include advising:
- Dixons Retail plc on the GBP 3.6bn proposed all-share merger of Carphone Warehouse Group plc and Dixons Retail plc
- Essar Energy plc on the USD 1,957m offer by Essar Global Fund Limited for the shares not held by it
- Novartis in its transformational restructuring involving three strategic deals with GlaxoSmithKline (GSK). The deals include the acquisition of GSK’s oncology division, the sale of Novartis’ vaccines business and the creation of a joint venture involving the contribution of Novartis’ OTC business with GSK’s consumer healthcare business
- Holcim Ltd on the proposed €39.9bn merger of equals with Lafarge SA.
- Glencore Xstrata plc on the US$6bn sale of Las Bambas Copper Mine Project in Peru to a Chinese consortium comprised of MMG Limited, GUOXIN International and CITIC
- LetterOne Group on the US$ 5.637 bn acquisition of all shares in RWE Dea Group from RWE AG
- Amec Plc on the US$3.2bn recommended offer for all of the issued share capital of Foster Wheeler AG, for a combination of cash and securities
- LIXIL Corporation and Development Bank of Japan on the €3.059bn acquisition of 87.5% of the Grohe Group
- Schneider Electric S.A. on its GBP 3.4bn bid for London listed engineering company Invensys plc
- BP on the US$27bn sale of its 50% share in TNK-BP to Rosneft
TMT Generation Next microsite
Access our TMT microsite to download the full report and browse features including an interactive map allowing you to filter information by trend, country and risk forecast.
China's growth on the world stage
Read the Linklaters China report to see how China’s focus on sustainable growth will affect your organisation, sector and region.
Negotiating Europe's LBO debt mountain
Our new Europe’s LBO debt report
collects market knowledge and our views and experience on issues concerning the management of refinancing LBOs, and analyses the options for addressing this refinancing need.Watch our video