Whether it be the actions of a rogue employee, a dawn raid, an oil spill, a liquidity crisis, a product recall, a significant fraud, an accident, press attack or collapse of a key supplier - anything can threaten your business – or even the continued existence of your company.
The right legal adviser can be pivotal to effectively managing and containing issues like this and before a crisis hits in thinking ahead: this is as much about prevention as a cure.
We are able to
- act as the core custodian of the facts (typically under legal privilege)
- ensure the right information is available to decision makers
- ensure an accurate and consistent narrative is provided throughout by PR and communications representatives
- support and assist with any internal investigations
- provide necessary legal advice as to the board and management’s reporting responsibilities with an eye to collateral impacts and
- liaise with relevant regulators.
We have unparalleled experience in handling some of the most significant and high profile crises confronting corporates of the last few years: the collapse of Lehman and our role in advising the standards committee at News International being just two stand out examples.
The Linklaters Dispute Toolkit provides our clients with free web-based access to clauses on dispute resolution, information on European jurisdictions and access to over 100 links to arbitration and ADR sites.
Click here to access
Find out more
The Knowledge Portal is available to our clients. If you are a client of Linklaters and have not yet signed up to our Knowledge Portal, you can register here. As well as videos and podcasts, the Portal provides access to a wide range of publications and microsites. You can also set up your own personalised alerts based on the areas of law, jurisdictions and sectors that interest you. If you are not a client of the firm and would like to know more about us, click here to go to our website.