For more than two decades, Linklaters has been at the forefront of financial, corporate and commercial developments in Russia.
We support clients in achieving their strategies, using our expertise across the sectors to help them pursue opportunities and manage risk in their business.
We advise domestic and multi-national corporates on many of their most significant and ground breaking deals and provide a full range of legal services. We have a team of about 70 Russian, English, U.S. and international lawyers, including 12 partners, combining top quality legal skills with an in-depth understanding of the domestic legal and business environment. This allows us to run international, English and U.S.-law governed deals out of Moscow, with a fully Moscow-based team of English, U.S. and Russian lawyers.
The practice areas include mergers and acquisitions, capital markets, banking, project finance and asset finance, energy & natural resources, real estate, litigation and arbitration, tax, employment, IP, competition and TMT.
Significant transactions include advising:
- BP on the US$27bn sale of its 50% share in TNK-BP to Rosneft, the major Russian integrated oil and gas company
- Rostelecom on the joint venture with Tele2 Russia, one of the leading Russian mobile communications operators
- Sberbank on the US$3.5bn acquisition of 99.85% of Denizbank A.S., one of the largest banks in Turkey
- the Export Credit Agencies, Commercial Banks (Russian and international) and EBRD in relation to the €750m project financing of a new build PVC plant by RusVinyl, a joint venture between Sibur and Solvay
- the lenders on the financing of the CPC Pipeline Expansion Project in Russia and Kazakhstan
- the joint bookrunners on the US$5.2bn offering by the Central Bank of Russia of ordinary shares of Sberbank in the form of shares and global depositary shares
- United Capital Partners on the acquisition of a stake in the leading Russian social network VKontakte.ru
- on the US$5.5bn sovereign bond issue by the Russian Federation
- the lenders on the financing of the Western High Speed Diameter Project toll-road in St. Petersburg, the world’s largest PPP project in the toll road construction sector
- the lenders on the €1.1bn award winning project financing of the Yuzhno-Russkoe gas field in Northern Siberia
- AIG/Lincoln on the development in a joint venture and subsequent sale of White Square class “A” office and White Gardens class “A” office centre in Moscow
- AIG/Lincoln on the sale of White Square class “A” office centre in Moscow to O1 Properties
- Moscow Interbank Currency Exchange (MICEX) on the acquisition of the RTS stock exchange followed by merger of RTS into MICEX
- more than 30 banks on the US$3.5bn restructuring of various syndicated debt facilities of Mechel, one of Russia's leading mining and metallurgical companies
- joint bookrunners on the US$3.27bn privatisation by the Russian Federation of a 10% stake in VTB Bank by way of a secondary public offering of ordinary shares
- PepsiCo on the US$5.5bn acquisition of Wimm-Bill-Dann, Russia’s leading branded food and beverage company
- Gazprom on the development, construction and financing of the US$9bn Nord Stream pipeline from Russia to Germany under the Baltic Sea
- Sakhalin Energy Investment Company and the shareholders on the development and financing of the US$25bn Sakhalin-2 project
Linklaters operates in Russia through Linklaters CIS, an affiliate of Linklaters LLP. For more information and business enquiries please contact Elena Belousova.