Linklaters' global capital markets team is widely acknowledged as a world leader in the field. From debt and equity issues to derivatives and structured finance, the group advises on the full range of transactions.
The global team’s regular contact with listing authorities and regulators around the world enhances its wealth of experience and technical expertise in capital markets work. Leading financial institutions rely on Linklaters’ securities law service across the Euromarkets, the US capital markets, the Middle East and Asia and in the world’s emerging economies. The firm is at the forefront of the most complex and innovative issues in the international capital markets.
Global capital markets expertise at Linklaters covers equity, debt, regulatory capital and equity-linked (convertible and exchangeable) bond issues, structured finance transactions and the full range of derivative and securitised products.
Recent capital markets transactions include advising
- the issuer on the IPO by Glencore
- the issuer on the IPO by Ophir Energy
- Credit Suisse and JP Morgan on the London IPO of Vallar
- on HSBC's £12.5bn rights issue, the largest ever rights issue.
- InBev on its EUR6.36bn rights issue.
- Thames Water on the whole business securitisation of its regulated water and sewerage business
- a number of financial institutions on the UK government's Credit Guarantee Scheme.
- Rio Tinto Finance (USA) Limited Advised on its $5bn offering of notes, believed to be the largest bond offering ever completed by a metals company.
- three leading banks on the establishment of Source, a new commodities trading platform.
- the arranger on the US$2.35bn issue of notes by Linden Capital Limited, a groundbreaking transaction for the Russian equity financing market.