There is a reason why we are one of the leading corporate law practices with a truly global presence: we make it our business to understand our clients’ businesses.
We have spent a decade at the top of the league tables for cross-border M&A and were recently recognised as Law Firm of the Year for Corporate/M&A at the Chambers Global Awards 2012.
We are a relationship driven firm and advise clients across the globe on their most complex and important transactions. We are at the forefront of developing innovative structures to simplify the complexities inherent in corporate deals – in established and emerging markets. Our experience extends beyond transactional work and we also look after our clients through every stage of the company life-cycle.
Clients benefit from our comprehensive experience across all corporate disciplines, including:
- Public M&A
- Private M&A
- Joint ventures
- Growth by alternatives to M&A
- Corporate advisory
We also have preeminent private equity and capital markets practices.
Our corporate practice is supported by global teams of market-leading tax, real estate, employment and incentives, pensions, anti-trust/competition, regulatory and litigation experts as well as teams offering the full range of finance support including all aspects of banking, capital markets and restructuring transactions.
Recent key M&A deals include advising:
- Repsol on the US$6,653m agreement on the transfer of assets and operations related to its downstream and midstream LNG business in Trinidad & Tobago, Peru and Spain
- ORIX Corporation on the €2bn acquisition of a 90% interest in Robeco Group NV from Rabobank, the largest acquisition of an asset manager by a Japanese corporate
- BP on the US$27bn sale of its 50% share in TNK-BP to Rosneft
- Glencore International plc on the £39.1bn merger of equals with Xstrata plc
- Deutsche Börse AG on its proposed merger with NYSE Euronext to create the world’s largest stock exchange by revenue and profits
- Siemens on the £1.742bn acquisition of the international automated rail business of Invensys plc
- Julius Baer on the CHF860m acquisition of the non-US Global Wealth and Investment Management business of Bank of America Merrill Lynch
- China Exchanges Services Company Limited on the HK$300m pioneering Joint Venture among Hong Kong Stock Exchange, Shanghai Stock Exchange and Shenzhen Stock Exchange