Through its support and advice to Private Equity Houses and Sovereign Wealth Funds around the world, Linklaters has an unparalleled understanding of the sector.
Linklaters’ sector expertise, product knowledge and global practice channelled through dedicated client focused teams means we are uniquely placed to serve the increasingly diverse requirements of these players.
Linklaters advises fund managers and private equity houses on all aspects of the industry, from fundraising and structuring to buyouts, public to privates and portfolio assistance, including restructuring advice. Our private equity team's expertise is further supported by our first-class international corporate, IPO, finance and tax teams.
Sovereign Wealth Funds
Over the last decade, Linklaters has worked with Sovereign Wealth Funds on transactions around the world. The firm’s work in Asia, the Middle East and Europe encompasses M&A, real estate acquisition, debt finance and infrastructure as well as other areas of specific advice such as risk management, regulatory and antitrust/protectionist issues.
To discuss how we can assist you, please contact one of our global Private Equity & Sovereign Wealth Funds Sector Leaders Richard Good, Chris Kelly and Gideon Moore.
Recent significant industrials transactions include advising:
- Global Infrastructure Partners on the agreement to acquire a 35% interest in Terminal Investment Limited SA from MSC Mediterranean Shipping Company SA
- Bridgepoint on the acquisition of Oasis Dental Care
- Triton on the sale of Dematic to AEA Investors and Ontario Teachers' Pension Plan
- Investor and EQT IV on their divestment of Gambro to the medical technology company Baxter International Inc for a total enterprise value of SEK 26.5bn
- The Macquarie led consortium on the c. €3.2bn acquisition of “Open Grid Europe” from E.ON
- Bridgepoint on the acquisition of Quilter and the subsequent bolt-on acquisition of Cheviot Asset Management
- Montagu Private Equity on the acquisition of the College of Law and the acquisition of the CAP business from Emap
- HgCapital on the combined acquisition of the Iris Software Group ("ISG") and Computer Software Group ("CSG"), two separate businesses structured as one operating group
- The Carlyle Group on the acquisition of Spanish media and telecommunications company, Telecable
- The consortium of Axa Private Equity and Permira on the acquisition of online travel agency Opodo and subsequent integration with eDreams and Go Voyages
- DP World on its acquisition of P&O and on the partial sale of their Australian ports business
- IPIC on the acquisition of CEPSA
- Qatar Holding LLC on its acquisition of a 20% stake in FGP Topco Limited, the holding company of BAA Limited
- Istithmar on its acquisitions of Inchcape Shipping Services Ltd and DV3 Properties Delake Limited
- China Investment Corporation on its acquisition of a 8.86% stake in Thames Water
- Rio Tinto on the proposed US$19.5 billion investment by Chinalco, one of the largest foreign investments by a Chinese state owned entity