Whether it be the actions of a rogue employee, a dawn raid, an oil spill, a liquidity crisis, a product recall, a significant fraud, an accident, press attack or collapse of a key supplier - anything can threaten your business – or even the continued existence of your company.
The right legal adviser can be pivotal to effectively managing and containing issues like this and before a crisis hits in thinking ahead: this is as much about prevention as a cure.
We are able to
- act as the core custodian of the facts (typically under legal privilege)
- ensure the right information is available to decision makers
- ensure an accurate and consistent narrative is provided throughout by PR and communications representatives
- support and assist with any internal investigations
- provide necessary legal advice as to the board and management’s reporting responsibilities with an eye to collateral impacts and
- liaise with relevant regulators.
We have unparalleled experience in handling some of the most significant and high profile crises confronting corporates of the last few years: the collapse of Lehman and our role in advising the standards committee at News International being just two stand out examples.
Find out more