Linklaters real estate lawyers have been at the forefront of the development of real estate investment trust (REIT) structures in jurisdictions across Europe and Asia.
The firm fields a dedicated team of REITs specialists from across its pre-eminent real estate, banking & finance, tax, corporate/M&A and investment management practices to advise clients on opportunities for conversion and the creation of new vehicles.
Find out more on structuring REITs in different jurisdictions and up-to-date legislation.
Recent REITs transactions include advising:
- on the first cross-border REIT in Asia – the international offering of Units by Fortune REIT. This involved the establishment of a REIT in Singapore, Fortune REIT, which acquired five retail shopping malls in Hong Kong and financed the acquisition by way of an offering of Units
- Morgan Stanley as adviser to French REIT Unibail in the merger with Dutch REIT Rodamco Continental Europe
- the underwriters on the first German REIT IPO, Alstria
- the Link Management Limited on the HK$34 billion government privatisation of 180 retail and car park facilities, comprising a HK$22 billion IPO and debt finance of HK$12.2 billion – Hong Kong's first Real Estate Investment Trust (REIT) and, at the time, HK’s largest privatisation and the world’s largest ever IPO of a REIT
- Merrill Lynch and UBS on the £500 million rights issue for industrial REIT, Segro