Merger control is critical to the success of any M&A transaction.
Linklaters’ competition team works with clients to devise their global merger control strategy. We combine commercial, legal, economic and often political considerations to maximise the chance of a successful outcome.
- deliver clear, commercial advice on competition risk at the outset of a deal as well as innovative structuring solutions
- work with other key advisers to ensure competition aspects of the transaction are integrated into the deal and public affairs strategy
- coordinate and make notifications to the competition authorities around the globe, ensuring a consistent and coherent approach
- gather evidence, effectively mesh economic and legal arguments and deploy advocacy skills to achieve clearance
- propose, negotiate and implement innovative solutions where necessary
Similarly, where commercial interests may be adversely affected by a merger between competitors, suppliers or customers, clients can rely on us to give realistic advice, focus their competition arguments and advocate their case effectively to competition authorities.