In addition to our sponsor practice, we also have a strong and diverse investor practice. We are experienced in the commercial, tax, legal, regulatory and policy concerns that need to be considered when investing in private funds.
We represent major Asian and Middle Eastern sovereign wealth funds, development finance institutions and more than 20 UK, Canadian, Australian and Dutch pension funds. As a result, we are experts in everything from a lengthy cornerstone investor negotiation to an individual, bespoke investment management arrangement, fund investments, co-investments, strategic programmes and secondaries transactions, both LP and GP-led.
By acting for a wide range of investors we gain exposure to the broader market and the latest approach to fund terms. Acting on both sides of the table gives us a deep understanding of the drivers that influence sponsors and investors and provides us with a rounded perspective of the market. This allows us to anticipate all aspects involved in the life-cycle of a fund and offer advice accordingly.
During 2020, our global investment funds lawyers acted for the world’s largest investors committing more than US$20bn to 148 private funds and co-investments across the full spectrum of the alternative investment space.
- Cornerstone investors: advising on their investments into the following flagship European private equity funds: Apax X, BC European Capital X, EQT IX, Cinven VII, CVC VIII, Investindustrial VII, Mid Europa V, Nordic Capital Fund IX and Permira VII.
- Cornerstone investors: advising on their investments into the following flagship US private equity funds: Clayton, Dubilier & Rice Fund XI, Vista Equity Partners Fund VII, WCAS XIII, Littlejohn Fund VI, Hellman & Friedman Capital Partners IX, TA XIII, Thoma Bravo Fund XII.
- Cornerstone investors: advising on their investments into the following flagship European mid-market private equity funds: Hg Genesis 9, Hg Saturn 2, Pollen Street Capital IV and Vitruvian Investment Partnership IV.
- Cornerstone investors: advising on their investments into the following flagship credit funds: AlbaCore Investment Opportunities LP, Fortress Credit Opportunities Fund V, GSO Capital Opportunities Fund IV, Oaktree Global Credit Fund, L.P, Oaktree Opportunities Fund XI and Park Square Capital Partners IV.
- Cornerstone investors: advising on their investments into the following flagship real estate and infrastructure funds: Antin Infrastructure IV, Blackstone Real Estate Partners Europe VI, Brookfield Super-Core Infrastructure Partners, Copenhagen Infrastructure IV and EQT Infrastructure V.
- British Business Bank (the UK government’s economic development bank): advising on its investments into more than 20 venture capital and growth funds.