Corporate, Mergers & Acquisitions
The U.S. corporate/M&A team represents a wide range of leading U.S. and international corporations, financial institutions and private equity funds. The team has extensive experience with both public and private domestic and cross-border transactions.
Representative experience includes advising:
- Novartis in its transformational restructuring involving three strategic deals with GlaxoSmithKline (GSK), including the acquisition of GSK’s oncology division, the sale of Novartis’ vaccines business and the creation of a joint venture involving the combination of Novartis’ OTC business with GSK’s consumer healthcare business
- AMEC in connection with its acquisition of Foster Wheeler
- Visa Europe Limited on the sale of 100% of its share capital to Visa Inc.
- Petrochemical Industries Company K.S.C. in the US$3.2bn sale of MEGlobal, together with its joint venture partner Dow Chemical, to EQUATE Petrochemical Company K.S.C.C.
- Qatar Holding L.L.C., an affiliate of the Qatar Investment Authority, along with funds under management by BlackRock, Macquarie, Teacher Retirement System of Texas and Certares on the US$1.8bn acquisition of a 50% stake in American Express' Global Business Travel unit (2015 Private Equity Deal of the Year, IFLR Americas Awards)
- ASSA ABLOY on its acquisitions of Amarr Company, Ameristar Fence Products and 4Front Engineered Solutions
- ThyssenKrupp on the sale of its U.S. steel plant to ArcelorMittal and Nippon Steel & Sumitomo Metal Corp.
- Deutsche Börse on its terminated merger with NYSE-Euronext to create the world’s largest stock exchange by revenue and profits
- E-Land World Ltd. on its US$170m acquisition of K-Swiss, Inc.
- IFM Investors on its US$1.3bn investment for Freeport LNG's proposed natural gas liquefaction and LNG loading facility on Quintana Island near Freeport, Texas
- Vodafone on its £9.1bn offer for Kabel Deutschland
- a major automobile rental company on the global investment in and strategic cooperation with a major Chinese auto rental company
- Queijo Holding Corp., a vehicle of the controlling stockholders – Acquisition of the all of the shares not owned by the controlling shareholders in Brazil Fast Food Corp., valuing the latter at US$148.3m
- Actavis on its €4.25bn sale to Watson Pharmaceuticals
- Sanofi-aventis on its acquisition of Merck & Co.’s half of joint venture Merial, an animal-health company
- Amil Participações on its US$4.9bn investment agreement with UnitedHealthcare (2013 Global M&A Deal of the Year (Brazil), The American Lawyer Global Legal Awards)
- a consortium of sovereign wealth and private equity investors on a US$1.8bn acquisition of a minority stake in Banco BTG Pactual (2011 Best Private Equity Deal of the Year, Latin Finance Magazine)
- Gold Fields, National Grid, RBS, Rio Tinto, Sibanye Gold and Vodafone on SEC-related matters, including reporting and corporate governance