Hyung Ahn is a New York-qualified partner based in our Singapore office. He has over 15 years’ experience with Linklaters in Asia, working in our Hong Kong, Seoul (Korea) and Singapore offices. He leads the firm’s capital markets practice in Southeast Asia, and continues to head up our Korea practice.
He has worked on some of the highest-profile capital markets deals across Asia, in both debt and equity, including:
- the first ever Indonesian “Komodo” bond, a IDR 4 trillion bond under Rule 144A by Jasa Marga
- the MTN and covered bond programmes for DBS, OCBC and UOB – the three leading Singapore-based banks
- the Government of Malaysia on their US$1.5 billion sukuk due 2026/2046 (2016 Asian Legal Business Southeast Asia Finance – Deal of the Year)
- PLN (Indonesia) on their US$2 billion GMTN programme and drawdown
- US$180 million convertible bonds issued by Singha Estate (Thailand)
- note issuances, including “Masala bonds”, by Adani Transmission Limited and Adani Ports (India)
- GMTN programme and drawdown for ICICI Bank (India)
- IPOs by Netmarbles Games and Mirae Asset Life Insurance (Korea) (2016 ALB Korea – Equity Deal of the Year)
- GMTN programme for Korea Development Bank
- covered bond programmes for Korea Housing Finance Corporation and Kookmin Bank (2015 The Asset AAA Awards – Best Bond Deal in Korea)
Chambers Asia 2018 ranked Hyung as Band 1 in international capital markets for Korea and a recognized practitioner in Singapore.
Hyung received his J.D. from the University of Virginia Law School (Law Review), and his bachelor’s degree in economics from Harvard College.