Counsel with 16 years’ experience, focusing mainly on M&A, corporate and finance matters. He has broad experience in M&A transactions in general, restructurings and joint ventures.
Transactions of significance where substantial involvement can be disclosed have included advising:
- PZU S.A., the largest insurance company in CEE, on the acquisition of RSA insurance operations in Poland, Lithuania, Latvia and Estonia and on the sale of their Lithuanian subsidiary UAB DK PZU Lietuva to Norwegian insurer, Gjensidige Forsikring ASA
- the biggest Swedish media and publishing house, Bonnier Group, on the acquisition of 100% shares in Polish Bankier Group from its South African ultimate parent Naspers Ltd (through its Polish subsidiary Allegro Group) Alinda Capital Partners, the American-based infrastructure investment firm, on the acquisition of 100% of Emitel, the leading television and radio broadcast infrastructure provider in Poland
- Grupo Santander on the acquisition of AIG’s banking operations in Poland and subsequent reorganisations of the Santander Consumer Bank operations
- Orange Polska S.A. (previously Telekomunikacja Polska S.A.) on its merger with PTK Centertel sp. z o.o. and Orange Polska sp. z o.o. The merger took place through the transfer of all the assets of PTK Centertel sp. z o.o. and Orange Polska sp. z o.o. to Telekomunikacja Polska S.A. As a result, PTK Centertel sp. z o.o. and Orange Polska sp. z o.o. ceased to exist, and Telekomunikacja Polska S.A. changed its name to Orange Polska S.A.
- RTL Group on the attempted acquisition of the Polish media house TVN from ITI Group
the Norwegian telecom operator Telenor on its takeover bid for Polkomtel
2000 to date Lawyer, Linklaters
1996 - 2000 University of Poznań, Master of Law
1995 - 2000 European University Viadrina, Frankfurt (Oder), Germany, Master of Law studies
1999 Scholarship at the University of Abo (Abo Akademi), Finland
Polish, English, German, Spanish