Corporate/M&A Counsel, New York
Education and qualifications
Megan has experience working on a variety of domestic and international corporate transactions spanning a wide range of sectors, including energy, consumer goods, infrastructure, pharmaceuticals, telecommunications, transport, industrials and chemicals. She has advised clients in connection with a broad range of multijurisdictional equity and asset sales including several auctions, corporate restructurings and joint ventures. Previously she was Assistant General Counsel at Noble Americas Corp. While at Noble, Megan managed and negotiated a variety of corporate and finance transactions and commercial agreements, including joint ventures, inventory financing, tolling arrangements and credit facilities.
Transactions of significance where substantial involvement can be disclosed include advising:
- ASSA ABLOY: on its US$4.3bn pending acquisition of the Hardware and Home Improvement division of Spectrum Brands
- Ameriprise Financial: on its pending acquisition of BMO Financial Group’s EMEA asset management business
- The founders of C2 Energy Capital: on the sale of an 85% stake in C2 Omega LLC, the distributed solar platform of renewables investor C2 Energy Capital, to EDP Renewables North America LLC
- C2 Energy Capital: on its acquisition of 12 solar projects to be constructed in the State of New York
- Ardian: on the fundraising for multiple generations of its infrastructure funds
- the administrative agent to the senior secured lender group of Titan Energy, LLC: in connection with Titan Energy’s out-of-court restructuring and dissolution
- ASSA ABLOY: on the acquisitions of August Home, LifeSafety Power, Luxer Holdings Corporation, KEYper Systems, Security Holdings LLC dba Pioneer Industries, Concept Frames, Amarr Company and Ameristar Fence Products and the divestiture of its wood doors business line to Masonite
Further work highlights include advising:
- a global health care conglomerate on its initial entry into the United States through a majority investment in one of the leading fertility clinics in the northeast United States.
- AMEC in connection with its US$3.2bn acquisition of Foster Wheeler
- CGG Land (U.S.) Inc. on the sale of its U.S. and Canadian land seismic acquisition business in exchange for a minority equity interest Geokinetics Inc.
- funds under management by BlackRock, Inc.: advising on the equity investment in Peninsula Energy Limited, an Australian public company.
- Queijo Holding Corp. (Brazil) on the US$148.3m merger with Brazil Fast Food Corp.
- Triton on the acquisition of ALSTOM’s auxiliary components business for thermal power plants.