Tomasz leads the firm’s Warsaw Corporate/M&A and Private Equity practices and heads the firm's Central and Eastern Europe (CEE) desk. He advises global financial sponsors and multinational corporations on high-profile, cross-border private equity and M&A transactions, including international auctions, management buyouts (MBOs), leveraged buyouts (LBOs) and privatisations across the CEE region. He also regularly counsels Polish corporates investing abroad on their strategic acquisitions, as well as on dual listings in Warsaw and London.
Tomasz has led or supervised teams on multiple transactions in the energy, telecoms, media, CATV, healthcare, chemicals, consumer goods and retail sectors in Poland, the Baltic Republics, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Romania, Ukraine and Turkey.
Ranked by the directories in the top tier for his corporate practice, Tomasz has led on many major transactions in Central and Eastern Europe. Highlights include advising:
- Global financial sponsor consortium on the proposed €7bn acquisition of SABMiller Plc’s CEE assets from Anheuser-Busch InBev NV
- Mid Europa Partners on its successful exits from LUX MED Group, the largest Polish private healthcare provider, to BUPA and from Aster, the leading Polish cable TV operator, to UPC/Liberty Global
- Marguerite, a pan-European infrastructure fund, on its investment in two onshore wind farm projects in Poland
- Alinda Capital Partners, the U.S.-based infrastructure investment fund, on its €1bn acquisition of Emitel, the leading terrestrial broadcast network operator in Poland
- Eden Springs, the Switzerland-headquartered group, on the acquisition of the leading Polish water bottling business from Nestlé
Tomasz is a member of several local private equity associations in the CEE and regularly speaks at private equity conferences and seminars.
Education and qualifications
Tomasz studied political philosophy and economics at Williams College and holds a Juris Doctor from Columbia University School of Law.
He speaks English, Polish and French.