We support clients in achieving their strategies, using our expertise across the sectors to help them pursue opportunities and manage risk in their business.
We advise domestic and multi-national corporates on many of their most significant and ground breaking deals and provide a full range of legal services. We have a team of about 70 Russian, English, U.S. and international lawyers, including 12 partners, combining top quality legal skills with an in-depth understanding of the domestic legal and business environment. This allows us to run international, English and U.S.-law governed deals out of Moscow, with a fully Moscow-based team of English, U.S. and Russian lawyers.
The practice areas include mergers and acquisitions, capital markets, banking, project finance and asset finance, energy & natural resources, real estate, litigation and arbitration, tax, employment, IP, competition and TMT.
Significant transactions include advising:
- BP on the US$27bn sale of its 50% share in TNK-BP to Rosneft, the major Russian integrated oil and gas company
- Rostelecom on the joint venture with Tele2 Russia, one of the leading Russian mobile communications operators
- Sberbank on the US$3.5bn acquisition of 99.85% of Denizbank A.S., one of the largest banks in Turkey
- the Export Credit Agencies, Commercial Banks (Russian and international) and EBRD in relation to the €750m project financing of a new build PVC plant by RusVinyl, a joint venture between Sibur and Solvay
- the lenders on the financing of the CPC Pipeline Expansion Project in Russia and Kazakhstan
- the joint bookrunners on the US$5.2bn offering by the Central Bank of Russia of ordinary shares of Sberbank in the form of shares and global depositary shares
- United Capital Partners on the acquisition of a stake in the leading Russian social network VKontakte.ru
- on the US$5.5bn sovereign bond issue by the Russian Federation
- the lenders on the financing of the Western High Speed Diameter Project toll-road in St. Petersburg, the world’s largest PPP project in the toll road construction sector
- the lenders on the €1.1bn award winning project financing of the Yuzhno-Russkoe gas field in Northern Siberia
- AIG/Lincoln on the development in a joint venture and subsequent sale of White Square class “A” office and White Gardens class “A” office centre in Moscow
- AIG/Lincoln on the sale of White Square class “A” office centre in Moscow to O1 Properties
- Moscow Interbank Currency Exchange (MICEX) on the acquisition of the RTS stock exchange followed by merger of RTS into MICEX
- more than 30 banks on the US$3.5bn restructuring of various syndicated debt facilities of Mechel, one of Russia's leading mining and metallurgical companies
- joint bookrunners on the US$3.27bn privatisation by the Russian Federation of a 10% stake in VTB Bank by way of a secondary public offering of ordinary shares
- PepsiCo on the US$5.5bn acquisition of Wimm-Bill-Dann, Russia’s leading branded food and beverage company
- Gazprom on the development, construction and financing of the US$9bn Nord Stream pipeline from Russia to Germany under the Baltic Sea
- Sakhalin Energy Investment Company and the shareholders on the development and financing of the US$25bn Sakhalin-2 project
Linklaters operates in Russia through Linklaters CIS, an affiliate of Linklaters LLP. For more information and business enquiries please contact Elena Belousova.