Energy and Infrastructure/Project Finance
The U.S. energy and infrastructure/project finance team advises on complex, large-scale projects around the world, including LNG, renewables, thermal power, upstream oil and gas, petrochemicals, mining, roads, transmission line and pipeline related transactions. The team has experience acting for host governments, sponsors, lenders, contractors and suppliers. The team is integrated with Linklaters’ global energy and infrastructure practice, with key U.S.-qualified members based in New York, London and Singapore.
Representative experience includes advising:
- a consortium formed by Aéroports de Paris, Vinci and Astaldi on the development and financing for the construction of a new airport terminal and the upgrade of the existing facilities and the operation of the Santiago de Chile International Airport, totaling approximately US$900m of investments
- Highland Pellets, LLC on a US$145m loan facility to build a wood pellet plant
- IFM Investors on its US$1.3bn investment for Freeport LNG’s proposed natural gas liquefaction and LNG loading facility on Quintana Island near Freeport, Texas. This project received multiple accolades, including being named The American Lawyer’s Global Finance Deal of the Year: Project Finance 2015 (co-winner); PFI Americas Deal of the Year 2015; and IJ Global North American Oil and Gas Deal of the Year 2014
- GDF SUEZ, as investor and capacity holder, in the Cameron LNG regasification to liquefaction project in Louisiana. This project was named The American Lawyer’s Global Finance Deal of the Year: Project Finance 2015 (co-winner); and IFLR Americas Project Finance Deal of
the Year 2015
- Ecopetrol and Refineria de Cartagena as sponsors and borrower on the US$3.5bn multi-tranche ECA project financing of the Cartagena Refinery upgrade project in Cartagena, Colombia (2011 Latin American Downstream Oil & Gas Deal of the Year, Project Finance Magazine)
- Korea Electric Power, Samsung C&T and Techint as sponsors on the bidding, structuring, developing and financing of the Norte II 376+ MW CCGT power plant in Mexico (2011 Latin American Power Deal of the Year, Project Finance Magazine)
- the borrower and the project sponsors on the US$1.1bn financing of the GNL Quintero LNG project, the first LNG receiving terminal to be built in South America (Latin America Oil & Gas Deal of the Year 2008, Project Finance Magazine and Oil & Gas Deal of the Year 2008 (Americas), Project Finance International)
- equity investors, capacity holders and LNG buyers in and from the Cameron LNG liquefaction project, the Sabine Pass LNG liquefaction project and the Freeport LNG liquefaction project in the U.S.
- the lenders and export credit agencies on the US$10bn Jubail Refinery project being developed through a joint venture between Saudi Aramco and Total
- the sponsors and project company on the project financing and construction issues for the Canaport LNG project, first new regasification terminal in the Eastern Seaboard of North America in 30 years (2006 Mid Stream Oil and Gas Deal of the Year, Project Finance Magazine)
- the project company developing and project financing of the Octopus power and LNG project in Chile