Managing Associate, Lisbon
“I do not rest until I find the solution for the problems that clients face, combining extensive experience in a wide range of real estate transactions & projects, with an in-depth, rigorous analysis of the law, developing strategies in close collaboration with our clients.”
Education and qualifications
Evo Fernandes is Managing Associate in the Real Estate practice group of the Corporate Department in the Lisbon office. His practice is focused on advising domestic and international clients, such as banks, investment funds and private equity funds, on national and cross-border real estate transactions and projects.
Evo has wide-ranging experience advising on complex real estate and corporate real estate transactions and projects, spanning from single asset to asset portfolio sales or acquisitions, development of real estate assets, sale and lease back operations, real estate due diligence exercises, amongst others, and the negotiation of a broad range of real estate contracts. He gained experience in tackling issues related to developing and operating real estate assets used for tourism & leisure, office, logistics, retail and manufacture purposes, and has further experience in advising on planning and land use matters.
Furthermore, Evo has extensive experience in the acquisition of mortgage-backed loan portfolios, the enforcement of security rights on immovable property and in renewable energy projects.
- Värde Partners: advising on the acquisition of a Portuguese real estate fund and asset manager
- Profile, as fund manager of Banif Imogest – Fundo de Investimento Imobiliário Fechado: advising this fund manager on the sale of a portfolio of real estate assets in Portugal to a fund managed by M7 Real Estate
- Unilever: advising on the €6.825bn sale of their global spreads business, involving novel real estate aspects in Portugal
- Cerberus: advising on the acquisition of a portfolio of approximately 2,800 properties located in Portugal from Santander
- Cerberus: advising on the acquisition of a portfolio of approximately 4,200 non-performing secured and unsecured loans from Caixa Geral de Depósitos
- Glennmont Partners: advising on the sale of four companies to Finerge Estrela, S.A., a company pertaining to Finerge Group which in turn is part of the First State group. The Companies own and operate solar plants located in Algarve, Seixal and Coruche (all in Portugal) with a total capacity of approximately 30 MWp.
Evo joined Linklaters as Managing Associate in December 2017 in the Real Estate practice group of the Corporate Department in the Lisbon office. Evo has been working closely with colleagues from other Linklaters offices in multijurisdictional teams.
He started his legal career in 2008 as Junior Associate at international law firm Cuatrecasas, Gonçalves Pereira & Associados (2008), where he became Associate (2010) and Managing Associate (2017), specialising in real estate law.
Education and qualifications
Evo holds a Law Degree of the University of Lisbon Law School (2005). He then did a Master of Arts in International Law and Human Rights at the United Nations University for Peace (2007), followed by a Postgraduate Course on Urban Planning and Construction Law at the University of Lisbon Law School (2012), and an Advanced Course on Licenses and Economic Activities: "Zero Licensing" and "Services Directive" at the University of Lisbon Law School (2012).
He is a Member of the Portuguese Bar Association since 2010.
He speaks Portuguese, English, Spanish and French.