Corporate Partner, Paris
“I am a multi-specialist, advising major French and international corporates on their most strategically important corporate transactions. I am commercial, reliable and hard-working, offering clients legal expertise in a pragmatic way that enables them successfully to pursue their business.”
Education and qualifications
Marc is a renowned corporate law practitioner. He advises clients on many different types of transaction, including public and private M&A deals, sales and joint ventures, as well as on corporate governance.
Marc has gained significant experience in deals across many different sectors, especially those that are highly regulated. Most recently, Marc has taken a lead role advising clients on transactions in the tech and fintech sectors but also the energy/infrastructure sector. He is also involved in a number of Africa-related deals.
Marc has been on secondment during his career to the firm’s London office and to J.P Morgan. Before joining Linklaters, Marc worked as an associate at an investment relations consultancy in London.
Marc has led on many of the market’s significant corporate transactions. Highlights include advising:
- Silgan on the proposed acquisition of the dispensing business of Albéa
- ENGIE on the agreement with EDPR to create a co-controlled 50/50 joint-venture (JV) in fixed and floating offshore wind
- ARISE in connection with the acquisition of a stake in ARISE P&L by A.P. Møller Capital
- JPMorgan, acting along Natixis, as sponsoring banks, on the takeover offer made by Searchlight for Latecoère
- GBL on the acquisition of Webhelp from KKR for EUR2.4billion
- The founder, shareholders and managers of Magnolia on the LBO sponsored by private equity house Qualium Investissement
- Catella on the creation of Catella Hospitality Europe
- Engie New Business on the investment in tiko Energy Solutions AG
- The Public Investment Fund acting along other major investors on the acquisition of a 55%-stake in AccorInvest, a world leader in hotel real estate
- the selling founders and managers of Active Assurances, an insurance broker specialising in direct P&C insurance policies, on the LBO sponsored by Activa Capital and Bpifrance
Marc regularly speaks at industry events, including being moderator at the 2018 Sino-European Entrepreneurs Summit in Paris on a panel about the integration of the regional strengths of China, Europe and Africa, and speaking at the 2017 Africa Investments Forum & Awards about M&A, investments and private equity in Francophone Africa.
Marc has authored several articles on Africa, including “Africa: how to adapt to the new deal: invest, protect and develop” (Fusions & Acquisitions, March 2017), and is frequently interviewed for his knowledge of trends, strengths and challenges in Francophone Africa (including by Décideurs Magazine, March 2018).
Education and qualifications
Marc holds a postgraduate degree in business administration from the Paris I - Pantheon-Sorbonne University (IAE). He studied law at the University of Versailles Saint-Quentin, where he holds a master’s in corporate law and a postgraduate degree in contract law.
He speaks English and French.