Dr. Neil George Weiand
"I have 25 years’ experience of advising on financing transactions, both in private practice and in-house. I place a top priority on ensuring that clients safely achieve their commercial and business objectives, no matter how complex the transaction"
Education and qualifications
Neil is widely regarded as one of Germany’s leading banking lawyers. He is a renowned for his work in acquisition finance, syndicated loans, reorganisations, spin-off finance and Schuldschein private placements and loans.
Earlier in his career, Neil worked at Deutsche Bank for seven years, where he held different positions in the group’s legal department focussing on the syndicated lending business and acquisition finance.
Neil has advised on a wide range of major finance deals. Highlights include advising:
- Bank of America Merrill Lynch, Credit Suisse and J.P. Morgan in respect of a financing for Infineon Technologies AG supporting the contemplated acquisition of Cypress Semiconductor Corporation
- Deutsche Börse and Clearstream Banking in connection with a €750m syndicated credit facility with Positive Incentive Financing components
- Merck in connection with the financing of the US$5.9bn offer to acquire Versum Materials
- Faurecia on the first Schuldschein loan using the recommended form published by the LMA in the amount of €700m
- E.ON on the financing of the proposed acquisition of innogy via a public take-over offer and via an agreement with RWE regarding its stake in innogy via a capital increase in kind and far-reaching exchange of business units and participations