Corporate/M&A Partner, New York
Peter represents domestic and international clients in all aspects of complex cross-border transactions, including public and private mergers, acquisitions, leveraged buyouts, equity and asset sales, tender offers, exchange offers, recapitalisations and joint ventures.
Peter also advises clients on SEC compliance and reporting, governance issues and corporate and securities law matters.
Peter has represented:
- ASSA ABLOY: advising on its US$4.3bn pending acquisition of the Hardware and Home Improvement division of Spectrum Brands.
- Plus (formerly known as Plus.ai): advising on the self-driving truck company’s proposed business combination with the publicly-traded SPAC Hennessy Capital Investment Corp. V; this transaction was the world’s first de-SPAC transaction of an autonomous trucking company.
- Whirlpool Corporation: advising on the US$1.08bn sale of its Embraco compressor business to Nidec Corporation, a leading manufacturer of electric motors.
- Takeda: advising on its US$62bn takeover agreement of Irish drug maker Shire plc, representing the largest takeover ever carried out by a Japanese company.
- ASSA ABLOY: advising on the acquisitions of August Home, LifeSafety Power, Luxer Holdings Corporation, KEYper Systems, Security Holdings LLC dba Pioneer Industries, Concept Frames, Jerith Manufacturing, Amarr Company, Ameristar Fence Products and 4Front Engineered Solutions and the divestiture of its wood doors business line to Masonite.
- The founders of C2 Energy Capital: advising on the sale of an 85% stake in C2 Omega LLC, the distributed solar platform of renewables investor C2 Energy Capital, to EDP Renewables North America LLC.
- Montagu Private Equity LLP: advising the a London-based private equity house on its acquisition of the flexographic printing division of Kodak by way of a share and asset deal following an auction process, and the negotiation of long-term commercial arrangements which will be in place between Montagu and Kodak going forward.
- Grupo Inversor Petroquímica S.L., WST S.A., and PCT LLC: advising on the U.S. tender offer for a number of shares in Transportadora de Gas Del Sur, the biggest gas transporter in Argentina.
- C2 Energy Capital LLC: advising on the acquisition of 12 solar projects to be constructed in the state of New York.
- Oil Search: advising on its terminated US$2.2bn acquisition of InterOil.
- Novartis: advising on its transformational restructuring involving three strategic deals with GSK, including the US$275m sale of its influenza vaccines business to CSL Limited, the acquisition of Spinifex Pharmaceuticals, Inc. and the sale of rights to develop Synacthen® and Synacthen Depot in the U.S. and certain countries outside the U.S. to Questcor Pharmaceuticals.
- Thyssensche Handelsgesellschaft mbH: advising on the indirect purchase of Anomatic Corporation.
- Steinhoff: advising on its acquisition of U.S. mattress retailer, Mattress Firm.
- Sibanye Gold Limited: advising on its US$2.2bn acquisition of Stillwater Mining Company.
- Petrochemical Industries Company K.S.C.: advising on the US$3.2bn sale of MEGlobal, together with its joint venture partner Dow Chemical Company, to EQUATE Petrochemical Company K.S.C.C.
Peter regularly speaks on differences between U.S. and European M&A law and market practice, and co-authoured the 2015 article “Using Europe’s M&A Regime for Tactical Advantage” with Nick Rumsby (published in Today’s General Counsel).
Peter is the Diversity Partner for our New York office, and was the firm’s 2014 Leadership Council on Legal Diversity Fellow.
Peter has been recognised in the field of M&A in both Legal 500 U.S. and Super Lawyers, which has described him as a “highly rated adviser”.
2002 - New York University School of Law, J.D., cum laude
1998 - Brown University, A.B., magna cum laude
Peter is a member of the New York bar.