“I advise on all aspects of EU and international competition law. I provide pragmatic solutions to help clients achieve their strategic goals.”
Education and qualifications
- advising SIX Group in relation to its US $3 bn partnership with Worldline, creating a pan-European payment provider;
- advising an international pension fund in relation to the global merger control aspects of their transactions;
- defending Belgian railway operator NMBS/SNCB in several cases relating to advertising in rail stations and on the rail network, and involving issues of tendering procedures, state aid and allegations of cartel;
- advising various clients in the consumer goods and healthcare industry on competition law investigations and compliance;
- advising a consortium of international banks in relation to the set-up of Payconiq. Payconiq is the first international cross-border payments service that enables consumers to make online, on-the-go and peer-to-peer payments; and
- Mediahuis on its public offer for Telegraaf Media Groep, creating a leading multimedia company in the Dutch-Belgian market.
- Philippe Jonckheere, “Alken-Maes/AB InBev (Bosteels) – A ‘Residual Jurisdiction’ for the Belgian Competition Authority to Assess Non-notifiable Mergers?”, Journal of European Competition Law & Practice, Volume 9, Issue 7, 1 September 2018.