Associate, New York
Education and qualifications
Amit Parekh is an Associate in Linklaters’ U.S. Banking and Capital Markets practices. Amit primarily represents financial sponsors and investment banks on complex domestic and international acquisition and other debt financings, with an emphasis on leveraged loans and the public and private offerings of corporate securities.
From 2016 to 2017, Amit spent ten months on secondment to the Legal Compliance & Public Disclosure Group at Credit Suisse Group AG. For the duration of his secondment, Amit provided advice regarding public disclosure and reporting obligations of Credit Suisse Group AG under U.S. securities laws and guidance with respect to the implementation of various regulatory requirements applicable to major financial services firms pursuant to cross-border developments in international banking supervision.
In addition to international securities transactions covering equity, debt, regulatory capital and structured finance transactions, Amit has experience representing arranging banks and lenders in a wide range of sectors. These include advising:
- ION Investment Group Limited in connection with the financing of its acquisition of OpenLink Financial LLC’s trading and risk management solutions business.
- Barclays Bank PLC and HSBC Bank plc in connection with financing for the $558m acquisition by JD Sports Fashion Plc of The Finish Line, Inc.
- McCormick & Company, Incorporated in connection with registered public offerings of (i) 6,353,591 shares of McCormick’s common stock non-voting and (ii) US$750m aggregate principal amount of 2.700% notes due 2022, US$700m aggregate principal amount of 3.150% notes due 2024, US$750m aggregate principal amount of 3.400% notes due 2027 and US$300m aggregate principal amount of 4.200% notes due 2047 pursuant to its US$4.2bn acquisition of Reckitt Benckiser’s food business.
- Morgan Stanley, Goldman, Sachs & Co., J.P. Morgan and Citigroup, in connection with the secondary public offering by a wholly owned subsidiary of The Royal Bank of Scotland Group plc of 98,900,000 shares of common stock of Citizens Financial Group, Inc. for gross proceeds of US$2.6bn. Additionally, represented the underwriters, led by BofA Merrill Lynch, Citigroup and Credit Suisse, in connection with Citizens’ inaugural public debt offering, in which it sold US$250m aggregate principal amount of subordinated notes.
- BNP Paribas in connection with a US$1.5bn Rule 144A/Regulation S offering of Perpetual Fixed Rate Resettable Additional Tier 1 Notes which qualified as Additional Tier 1 capital under European CRD IV capital regulations.
J.P. Morgan Securities LLC, Mitsubishi UFJ Securities (USA), Inc. and RBC Capital Markets, LLC in connection with the offering of (i) US$350m aggregate principal amount of 2.60% notes due 2021 (the 2021 Notes) and (ii) US$650m aggregate principal amount of 3.30% notes due 2026 (the 2026 Notes, and together with the 2021 Notes, the Notes) of ERAC USA Finance LLC, guaranteed as to payment of principal, premium (if any) and interest by Enterprise Holdings, Inc. The Notes were offered for sale in the United States pursuant to Rule 144A and abroad pursuant to Reg. S.
Codere, S.A. in connection with the offerings of (i) US$300m aggregate principal amount of 7.625% senior secured notes due 2021 and (ii) €500 million aggregate principal amount of 6.750% senior secured notes due 2021 as well as a revolving credit facility, which provided for borrowings up to an aggregate principal amount of €95m. The notes were offered for sale in the United States pursuant to Rule 144A and outside of the United States pursuant to Reg. S.
Bausch & Lomb in connection with the repricing of its existing senior secured credit facilities which included a US$1.92bn U.S. term loan facility, a €457m euro-denominated term loan facility, a US$399m delayed draw term loan facility and US$467m in revolving credit commitments.
The Bank of Tokyo-Mitsubishi UFJ, Ltd., Morgan Stanley Senior Funding, Inc., JPMorgan Securities LLC and Merrill Lynch, Pierce, Fenner & Smith Incorporated as joint lead arrangers and bookrunners in connection with a US$800m credit facility to Grupo Financiero Banorte, S.A.B. de C.V.
Dollar Thrifty Automotive Group and its wholly owned subsidiary, DTG Operations, in connection with a US$450m secured letter of credit and revolving credit facility.
ANN Inc. and certain of its wholly-owned subsidiaries in connection with a US$250m senior secured asset-based revolving credit facility.
TPG Specialty Lending, Inc. as borrower in connection with a US$200m asset-based revolving credit facility led by SunTrust Bank and JPMorgan Chase.
2018 to date Associate, Linklaters LLP, New York
2014 – 2018 Associate, Cleary Gottlieb Steen & Hamilton LLP, New York
2011 – 2013 Foreign Associate, Cleary Gottlieb Steen & Hamilton LLP, New York
2008 – 2011 Associate, Bowmans, Johannesburg, South Africa