Corporate Counsel, Amsterdam
“I am a corporate and regulatory lawyer with in-depth knowledge of the oil and gas industry. I am dedicated to advising clients efficiently, pragmatically and with their commercial requirements uppermost.”
Education and qualifications
As a counsel in the firm’s Corporate/Energy group in the Netherlands, Anouk has taken a lead in the firm’s Amsterdam office in creating and building an energy practice, advising major corporates, banks (including investors in distressed assets), private equity firms and infrastructure funds.
Anouk has extensive experience in, and knowledge of, the energy and utilities market, advising on a wide range of legal transactions, including mergers and acquisitions, privatisations, joint ventures and regulatory issues.
At her previous firm, Anouk worked on secondment with an offshore gas and oil operator, giving her valuable insight into how operators engage with other gas and oil companies and oil services companies, as well as the complexities of negotiating joint ventures.
Anouk has advised on some of the market’s most significant utility and energy deals. These include advising:
- Vattenfall, a major Swedish power company, on its acquisition of N.V. Nuon Energy, a Dutch energy production and supply company, a highly complex deal that involved the creation of a two-tier board to balance the interests of Vattenfall, as the acquiring company, with the interests of the Dutch provinces and municipalities, as shareholders of the target company
- on the integration of the power exchanges EPEX Spot and APX group to form a joint power exchange for central western Europe and the UK, and subsequently EPEX Spot on the restructuring of the APX group
- Siemens Project Ventures on its acquisition of a 20% participation interest in Project Gemini, the largest offshore wind farm project in the Netherlands
- on the incorporation of a Dutch joint venture between InfraVia and Coloured Finches Infrastructure Investments and the subsequent acquisition of FinCo Terminal Amsterdam
- the lenders on a project financing to develop and upgrade the refinery, crude oil tanks, product storage facilities and related infrastructure of Gunvor Petroleum Rotterdam
- TAQA, Abu Dhabi’s state-owned energy company, on its acquisition of BP Nederland Energie (BPNE), TAQA’s first investment in Europe
- GDF SUEZ Global Gas Holding Nederland on the sale of its 20% shareholding, and TAQA Energy on the sale of its 40% shareholding, in Noordgastransport, which owns 470km of Dutch offshore natural gas pipeline, to institutional investors
Anouk is a member of the Nederlandse Vereniging voor Energierecht (Dutch Association for Energy Law) and the Netherlands Nuclear Society, and regularly attends meetings of the International Project Finance Association (IPFA) and the Energy Offshore Energy Congress.
Education and qualifications
She speaks Dutch and English.