Dispute Resolution Partner, New York
“I focus on complex commercial litigation and defense of securities fraud, corporate shareholder and complex antitrust actions. I am responsive, results-oriented and work in close collaboration with clients to achieve outcomes in their best interests.”
Education and qualifications
Brenda has a wide-ranging dispute resolution practice. She has extensive experience advising clients on commercial disputes, with a particular focus on complex cross-border matters. She regularly assists clients in conducting sensitive corporate internal investigations and represents public companies and individuals in investigations by the Department of Justice (DOJ), the Treasury Department and local law enforcement agencies. She counsels boards of directors on sensitive internal matters, including conflicts of interest and attorney-client privilege.
Brenda also advises foreign companies and financial institutions on compliance with U.S. securities, antitrust and other regulatory regimes, as well as providing strategic counseling and risk-management advice to clients on existing and contemplated transactions and business practices.
Brenda has advised and represented clients in many of their most business-critical matters. These include:
- Sibanye-Stillwater: acting as trial counsel on a Delaware minority shareholder action following acquisition of Stillwater Mining Company
- Sibanye-Stillwater: acting as defense counsel on a U.S. securities class action litigation relating to disclosures in connection with the company’s mining safety programs
- Metro Bank plc: acting as defense counsel in federal securities class action based on OTC purchases of shares that were not sponsored or listed on a U.S. domestic exchange by Metro Bank
- Air France-KLM: acting as defense counsel in various antitrust and other civil class actions and governmental investigations concerning the air cargo and passenger industries
- Large healthcare conglomerate: defense of a shareholder action seeking to enjoin the company’s proposed acquisition of a high-profile target
- Leading multinational consumer products company: advising in connection with an investigation into bribery allegations relating to a target company’s supply chain.
Brenda is a member of the board of trustees of Randall's Island Park Alliance, a non-profit organisation that works with the City of New York and local communities to provide an innovative destination through a wide range of sports venues, cultural events and environmental exploration.
Brenda is a member of the cartel and criminal practice committee of the antitrust division of the American Bar Association and was appointed as a 2013 Fellow of the Leadership Council on Legal Diversity.