Partner, Frankfurt / Munich
"Real Estate inspires me, the challenge of transactions and pushing your deal through is my motivation. Choosing Linklaters means working with Germany´s leading real estate lawyers who will share their experience and market insights with you."
Carsten has specialised experience in real estate transactions and private equity real estate. He has been involved in a number of high-profile transactions with a total volume of several billion Euros. His experience includes asset and share deals as well as portfolio transactions in all asset classes including offices, retail and logistics. He recently advised on one of the largest ever recorded private equity real estate transactions and on the bidding process for the largest portfolio transaction in Germany over the last 10 years.
Carsten is frequently recommended as one of the leading real estate and private equity real estate lawyers in Germany (JUVE German Commercial Law Firms Directory, Chambers, The Legal 500, Handelsblatt Best Lawyers, IFLR1000, Who is Who Legal). He is ranked by Chambers as one of the Top 10 real estate lawyers and by JUVE German Commercial Law Firms Directory as one of the Top 12 real estate lawyers under the age of 50. Carsten won the Wealth & Money Management Award “Best for Real Estate Private Equity 2018 - Germany”.
Before joining Linklaters, Carsten was Partner and Head of DLA Piper’s International and German Real Estate Practice.
- Aermont Capital on the sale of the office building “Marienforum” in Frankfurt to Generali
- AFIAA on the acquisition of the shopping centre “Kaisergalerie” in Hamburg
- Blackstone on the acquisition of several logistics assets and portfolios as well as on the sale of the logistics platform Logicor with a value of over €12.25bn
- BNP Paribas REIM on the acquisition of the office buildings "Deichtor Office Center" in Hamburg, “Franklin Haus” in Berlin and “Kallmorgen Tower” in Hamburg
- Catella Real Estate on the acquisition of the project development “Auf AEG” in Nuremberg
- LaSalle Investment Management on the acquisition of the office building “Morrow” in Frankfurt and the real estate portfolio “ElseBella” in Munich
- Savills IM on the sale of the office portfolio “Max & Merle” to WealthCap and on the acquisition of a large office complex in Munich
- Swiss Life and BVK on the acquisition of the office building “OSKAR” in Munich
- Union Investment on the bidding process for the acquisition of the “Millennium Portfolio” from Generali Lebensversicherung with a value of over €2.5bn and on the acquisition of “Ericus-Contor” in Hamburg
- WealthCap on the acquisition of the object "Gewandhaus" in Ludwigsburg and the acquisition of the Brain Lab AG headquarter in Munich and the conclusion of a joint venture for residential properties with Domicil and for retail properties with BBE
- 2017 to date Linklaters LLP, Frankfurt and Munich
- 2010 - 2017 DLA Piper, Frankfurt and Munich
- 2004 - 2010 Hogan Lovells, Munich
- Frankfurt and Munich Bar Association
- Urban Land Institute (ULI) Local Chair Munich and Member of the Executive Committee (2010 - 2018)
- Association Real Estate Research/International Real Estate Society (IRES)
- German/British Lawyers Association
- German/American Lawyers Association
- 2004 Master of Laws (LL.M.): King's College London
- 2003 Doctorate: Göttingen and Frankfurt
- 1994 – 1999 Law Studies: University of Heidelberg, Göttingen and Graz/Austria
Carsten speaks German and English
Lexology Getting The Deal Through Real Estate M&A Guide 2019 and 2020 for Germany
Chambers Real Estate Global Practice Guide 2020 for Germany