Associate, New York
Education and qualifications
Eric represents clients in all facets of corporate reorganizations and restructurings. He has helped debtors, equity sponsors, ad hoc committees and various secured and unsecured financial and trade creditors navigate both Chapter 11 and out-of-court restructurings. Eric has also represented lenders, underwriters, dealer managers, noteholders and issuers of public debt in leveraged financings and liability management transactions.
Eric has advised clients in a range of restructuring and financing transactions including:
- counsel to Steinhoff International Holdings N.V. in the prenegotiated Chapter 11 of its subsidiary Mattress Firm Inc. and in the Chapter 15 recognition of Stripes U.S. Holding Inc.’s English scheme of arrangement;
- counsel to secured lenders in connection with their acquisition of a debtor oilfield services company via a prenegotiated Chapter 11 plan filed in Louisiana;
- counsel to ad hoc group of convertible noteholders in their uptier exchange for secured notes via a prepackaged Chapter 11 case filed in New York;
- counsel to secured lenders in connection with their acquisition of a publicly traded fast casual restaurant chain debtor via a prenegotiated Chapter 11 plan filed in Massachusetts;
- debtor’s counsel to a publicly-traded offshore energy E&P company, in connection with its prenegotiated Chapter 11 cases filed in Texas;
- debtor’s counsel to offshore service vessel company, in connection with its prepackaged Chapter 11 cases filed in Texas;
- counsel to successful stalking horse bidders in their acquisition of assets from a distressed domestic E&P company via § 363 sale; and
- Norske Skogindustrier on the issuance of its €290m senior secured notes and on various exchange offers and consent solicitations.