Partner, Hong Kong
Solicitor of the High Court of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region of the PRC and Solicitor of the Senior Courts of England and Wales
Gilbert specialises in cross-border M&A, international public offerings and listings in the Greater China region. He advises leading financial institutions and corporate clients across a range of transactions and sectors.
Gilbert’s recent experience includes advising:
- Banco Bilbao Vizcaya Argentaria, S.A. on its US$1.7 billion sale of part of its stake in China CITIC Bank Corporation Limited
- Goldman Sachs, HSBC, J.P. Morgan, Deutsche Bank, Citigroup, Credit Suisse, UBS, Bank of China, Bank of Communications, China Construction Bank, Haitong Securities and six other investment banks on the US$2 billion initial public offering of Chow Tai Fook Jewellery Group Limited
- China Gas Holdings Ltd. on its successful defence of the US$2.2 billion unsolicited takeover bid made for it by Sinopec and ENN Energy Holdings Limited
- on the establishment of the joint venture among the Hong Kong Stock Exchange, the Shanghai Stock Exchange and the Shenzhen Stock Exchange to develop index and equity derivative products and compile cross-market indexes
- Warburg Pincus on its investment in China Huarong Asset Management Co., Ltd.
- UBS, CLSA and HSBC on the US$708 million initial public offering of L'Occitane International S.A.
2015 to date Partner, Linklaters Shanghai
2014 - 2015 Managing Associate, Linklaters Shanghai
2010 - 2014 Managing Associate, Linklaters Hong Kong
2007 - 2010 Associate, Linklaters Hong Kong
2005 - 2007 Associate, Slaughter and May Hong Kong
2003 - 2005 Trainee Solicitor, Lovells Hong Kong
1999 - 2002 University of Cambridge, M.A. (Law)
1996 - 1999 University of New South Wales, Bachelor of Commerce (Accounting)
English, Cantonese, Mandarin