Henry has advised clients in connection with a broad range of multi-jurisdictional public and private M&A, corporate governance advice, and special situations transactions across energy, infrastructure, financial services, and consumer verticals. He represents private equity funds, institutional investors, investment banks, and privately held and publicly traded entities as purchasers, sellers, and strategic investors.
Transactions of significance where substantial involvement can be disclosed include advising:
- China Southern Power Grid International on its acquisition of a 27.8% interest in ETC Transmission Holdings, S.L., the parent of Transelec S.A.; Chile’s largest pure-play power transmission company for US$1.3 billion.
- ION Investment Group on its acquisition of Openlink Financial LLC, a global leader in trading and risk management solutions.
- Revlon, Inc., a NYSE listed company, in its acquisition of Elizabeth Arden, Inc. with an enterprise value of US$875 million.
- Nabors Industries Ltd., a NYSE listed company, with respect to a series of restructuring transactions and corporate governance advice concerning its majority investment in C&J Energy Services Ltd.
- ManpowerGroup, Inc. a leading NYSE listed workforce solution provider, in connection with the restructuring of its business operations in Greater China and the establishment of a joint venture with CITIC Private Equity.
- Anchorage Capital Group LLC in a series of PIPE investments in the U.S. energy sector.
- Arcapita Investments Ltd., with respect to the trade sale of one of its offshore petrochemical portfolio entities.
- Credit Suisse and Deutsche Bank as joint bookrunners (with Cantor Fitzgerald) with respect to Global Gaming Asset Management’s US$166 million block trade of its 8.7% stake in Bloomberry Resort Corporation, the operator of the Solaire Resort and Casino in Manila.
- Macquarie Bank in ongoing diligence review and investor disclosure of its Rule 144A US$1 billion subordinated unsecured notes.
Henry is a member of the American Bar Association, the Asian American Bar Association of New York and the Asia Society. He is an alumnus of the Asia Society’s Asia 21 Young Leaders Initiative and the Australian American Leadership Dialogue’s Young Leadership Dialogue. He is Co-Chair of the U.S. Linklaters Asian Affinity Network (LAAN) and a Member of the Americas Diversity Committee. Henry’s recent publications include:
- 'Outbound Investment Approaches to Cross-Border Mergers and Acquisitions: A Case Study of China Inc.'s Modus Operandi in the United States, Australia and Canada’, International Journal of Business Law (2014).
- ‘Chinese Perspectives on the Feasibility of an Asia Pacific Community’, The Chinese Journal of International Politics, Oxford University Press (2013).
- ‘Comparing Apples with Oranges? Drawing Lessons from the Australian Constitutional Experience with the Anti-Monopoly Law of the People’s Republic of China’, Hong Kong Law Journal (2010).
Education and qualifications
Henry graduated with double first class honors degrees in Law and Asian Studies (Chinese) from the Australian National University, and holds a Master of Laws from Harvard Law school.
Henry is also fluent in Mandarin Chinese.