Jaime Perez Bustamante
Abogado (admitted to the Spanish Bar)
Jaime is a partner and the head of the competition department in Spain. Ranked by domestic and international legal directories as one of the most renowned competition lawyers in the country, he has more than 20 years’ experience in EU and Spanish competition law. He regularly advises on the main M&A transactions and cartel investigations in Europe across a wide range of industries, with particular expertise in financial services, private equity, healthcare, energy, construction and retail sectors. Jaime is also a prolific litigator at EU and Spanish courts. He lectures in competition law at several Spanish universities and has published many articles in this field.
Jaime is a member of the firm’s Partnership Board, the firm’s governance body responsible for strategy and other core decisions.
- 2006 to date Partner, Linklaters
- 1990 - 2006 Partner, Martínez Lage & Asociados
- 1989 - 1990 Legal Department, European Union Commission
- 1988 - 1989 Training at various European law firms
- 1988 - 1989 Masters Degree in EU Law, Institut d'Études Européennes de l'Université Libre de Bruxelles (Belgium)
- 1987 - 1988 Degree in European Communities, Diplomatic School of Madrid (Spain)
- 1982 - 1987 LL.B, Universidad Autónoma de Madrid (Spain)
Spanish, English, French, German