Jean advises on all aspects of financial markets. She acts for retail banks, investment banks, building societies, private equity investment houses, asset managers, wealth managers, investment firms, life assurance firms and major retail and technology-based groups. She has a particular focus on regulatory issues arising in the wealth, retail banking, payments and regulated credit markets. Having recently spent four years at Barclays heading up the Financial Services legal advisory team within the Wealth division, Jean has an excellent understanding of the practical and operational challenges facing industry participants and is focussed on providing pragmatic and commercial advice.
Jean advises clients in relation to regulatory change projects, structuring and internal investigations. She has provided the key regulatory support for purchasers in high profile acquisitions in the retail financial services sector, focussing on retail lending businesses and has also assisted a number of firms in their applications for authorisation by the FCA and potential acquirers seeking change of control in respect of authorised firms.
Jean’s recent work includes advising:
- a major private equity house on all regulatory matters relating to its purchase of NRAM plc, including obtaining change of control
- a number of retailers to successfully complete their applications for full FCA authorisation
- a number of firms in relation to the implementation of PSD2 and general payment matters
- a major listed software supplier with its change of control application
- a major high street bank on its project to release retail banking and credit products through digital apps
- a number of firms in relation to industry-wide issues including breaches of the CCA, the impact of the decisions in Bank of Scotland –v- Rea and Plevin and FCA thematic work
- a number of banks on their implementation of the Mortgage Credit Directive