Dispute Resolution Associate, Paris
I advise multinational corporations on both domestic and international arbitration proceedings. I work with clients around the world and offer tailored, commercial and pragmatic advice to assist them throughout their business disputes.
Education and qualifications
Jessica serves as counsel in pre-contentious and arbitration matters under ICC, LCIA, SCC and UNCITRAL rules. She also acts as counsel in arbitration-related litigation, including disputes over the constitutionality of arbitral tribunals, post-award enforcement, and nullification actions.
Jessica works with clients around the world, with a particular focus on post M&A, joint ventures and long-term supply agreements disputes. She has been on secondment to Ardian where she was responsible for handling corporate governance advisory work.
Jessica works with lawyers from the firm’s other offices in multicultural teams. She has also been on secondment to the London office for a year.
Jessica has represented clients in commercial high-value disputes across the globe. These include advising:
- a British bank in an ICC arbitration against a South-American bank in the context of a post M&A dispute (seat of the arbitration: London, English law, language: English);
- a major French distribution group in a high-profile dispute with its Brazilian partner, one of the main operators of retail distribution in Brazil. The dispute concerned the attempt of the Brazilian partner to orchestrate a merger between the jointly detained Brazilian company and the Brazilian assets of the main competitor of the French client (seat of the arbitration: Sao Paulo, Brazilian law, language: English);
- a subsidiary of a leading oil and gas company, in connection with an ad hoc arbitration under UNCITRAL rules brought by a private entity and by two Regions of the Russian Federation for an alleged breach in the execution of an agreement for oil exploration in Russia (seat of the arbitration: Stockholm, Russian law, language: English);
- a European defence company in connection with a claim for alleged breach of an armaments contract brought by an Asian state in an ICC arbitration (seat of the arbitration: Paris, French law, language: English);
- a Spanish construction company in an ICC arbitration against an African state. The dispute concerns the non-payment of part of the services provided by our client in connection with the construction of a plant (seat of the arbitration: Paris, French law, language: French);
- the majority shareholder of a family catering and hotels conglomerate in proceedings for the annulment of an ICC arbitral award before the Paris Court of Appeal.