Corporate/Private Equity Managing Associate, London
"I advise on a broad range of complex, cross-border corporate transactions for corporate and private equity clients across a number of sectors including FIG, infrastructure, mining, technology and retail."
Education and qualifications
John is a managing associate in the corporate private equity practice, advising corporates and financial sponsor clients on a broad range of corporate M&A transactions. John is fluent in Spanish and worked in the firm’s Madrid office between 2010-2014.
Transactions of note where involvement can be disclosed include advising:
- William Hill on the sale of William Hill international to 888 at an enterprise value of £2.2 billion
- Hg’s Genesis 7 Fund, Montagu and other selling investors on the sale of a stake in Visma to a consortium of investors including Hg Saturn 2 Fund, TPG, Warburg Pincus and CPPIB. The transaction values the business at US$12.2bn and is the largest ever buy-out of a software company
- Sunsuper on its acquisition of a 25% stake in Macquarie Group’s aircraft leasing business, Macquarie AirFinance
- Apollo on its acquisitions of Banco Santander’s real estate loan servicing and recovery arm, Altamira Asset Management; a Spanish mortgage loans and REO book from GE Money; Citibank España, S.A. and Citifin EFC, S.A.'s Spanish consumer loan book; Bank of America’s Spanish and Irish consumer loan and credit card businesses; and Bankia’s auto and consumer loan unit, FinanMadrid
- Cerberus on its acquisition of General Electric’s French banking and consumer finance business, GE Money Bank
- Centerbridge Partners on its acquisition of Aktua Soluciones Financieras from Banesto and subsequent sale to Lindorff, and its joint venture with Alpha Bank for the establishment of Cepal Hellas, a Greek debt servicer
- Nestlé on its acquisition of online UK tailor-made dog nutrition business, Tails.com