Real Estate Managing Associate, Brussels
I strive to be a "forward looking" lawyer and am convinced that a greater integration of law, business and technology is the wave of the future.
Currently a Managing Associate in the Corporate Real Estate team, Joseph joined Linklaters in 2014 as an Associate. He has over 10 years of intensive experience specialising in cross-border and domestic corporate real estate share and asset transactions and large-scale construction and development projects. He also has general expertise in all aspects of contract and commercial law.
Joseph has advised on a wide range of major real estate transactions. His recent transactions include advising:
- CBRE Global Investors in respect of the acquisition by CBRE Logistics Venture Management Sàrl of SPV entities holding the ownership rights in logistics assets located, respectively, in Willebroek, Belgium ("Regionaal Bedrijvenpark MG Park De Hulst") and Greve, Denmark ("Greve Distribution Centre").
- Patrizia on the sale of the Guimard office building in Brussels.
- Minerals Technologies on the sale of industrial property in the Walloon Region.
- La Française Real Estate Partners International (representing a club of Korean and French investors) on the acquisition of the shares of North Light and Pole Star, which together own the North Light and Pole Star buildings.
Joseph holds a degree in Law from the University of Leuven and a Master’s in Economics from the Bocconi University in Milan, Italy.
He works in English, Dutch, French, Spanish and Italian.
Joseph is the author of various legal publications, including a book analysing the legitimacy and proportionality of legal public easements.
- "Duiding Huur", Larcier (to be published in 2020) (co-author)
- "Erfdienstbaarheden van openbaar nut. Geoorloofdheid, proportionaliteit, vergoeding", Politeia, 2018
- “Duiding Koop-Verkoop van onroerende goederen”, Larcier, 2018 (co-author)
- "Wet en Duiding Bouwrecht", Larcier, 07/2015, p. 2288 (co-author)
- "Wet en Duiding Publiek Procesrecht", Larcier, 06/2014, p. 476 (co-author)
- "Wet en Duiding Bodem", Larcier, 10/2012, p. 442 (co-author)