Juan is a counsel in the dispute resolution department in Madrid. His experience includes advising a broad range of domestic and international clients in litigation, arbitration and insolvency proceedings, having also participated in multiple restructurings.
He is the founder of the International Club of Corporate Lawyers (Club Internacional de Abogados Corporativos), a Spanish association formed by lawyers from law firms, financial institutions and consulting firms that provides a forum for legal professionals to exchange views and experiences.
During his career he has acted as court-appointed administrator in 12 insolvencies. He has also advised debtors and their administrators in some of the biggest insolvencies in Spain’s history, including those of Viajes Marsans, Martinsa Fadesa and Grupo Dicho Harinsa Obrum.
- 2016 to date Counsel, Linklaters
- 2013 - 2016 Managing Associate, Linklaters
- 2011 - 2013 Senior Associate, Cuatrecasas
- 2010 - 2011 Head of Insolvency Department, Broseta Abogados
- 2008 - 2010 Associate, Cuatrecasas
- 2003 - 2008 Associate, Baker & McKenzie
- 2010 – 2011 Fundación Derecho y Empresa -Masters in insolvency administration
- 2001 – 2002 Instituto de Empresa - Masters in legal practice
- 1996 – 2001 Universidad Complutense - Law degree