Associate, New York
Kate is an associate in the U.S. tax practice at Linklaters. Having worked in both the New York and London offices, Kate has experience in advising clients on U.S. federal income tax issues in a variety of domestic and cross-border transactions, including debt and equity offerings, derivatives and other financial products, out of court debt restructurings, bankruptcy proceedings, mergers and acquisitions, as well as financing transactions for public and private companies. She also has experience advising private equity clients on fund formations, investments, and structuring.
In addition, she advises non-profit organizations on the U.S. federal income tax aspects of formation, tax-exempt status determination letters, and the implications of foreign operations.
- Advising Visa Europe Ltd on its €16.5B acquisition by Visa Inc.
- Advising Steinhoff International on its $3.8B acquisition of Mattress Firm.
- Advising CGG S.A. and CGG Holding (U.S.) Inc. on their French Safeguard proceedings and U.S. Chapter 11 and Chapter 15 bankruptcy proceedings.
- Advising the joint administrators of Lehman Brothers International (Europe) in reaching a consensual resolution of tens of billions of dollars of claims asserted by and against Lehman Brothers Inc.
- Other clients that Kate has represented include Carlyle, KKR, Partners Group, Softbank and Triton.