Solicitor of the Senior Courts of England & Wales
Kevin is a Counsel in the Global Energy and Infrastructure Group and has been based in our Singapore office since 2009.
He is a Projects and Construction specialist for major energy, resources and infrastructure projects and specialises in emerging markets transactions. His experience (in the last 12 months) includes power (coal, gas, wind, solar, geothermal and hydro), mining, LNG terminals, storage, refineries, railway, port, manufacturing and process facilities and other major projects.
Kevin is the lead lawyer in our construction practice in Asia and has extensive experience of reviewing, drafting and negotiating EPC contracts (and other construction and project related documents) for sponsors and for lenders. He has supported our Bangkok, Beijing, Seoul and Tokyo offices on all of their major renewables and other power projects that have closed in recent years and supports these and other offices in the region on other energy, resources and infrastructure work.
This has included advising:
sponsors on the development of a number of refining and processing petchem facilities in central Africa
- a consortium of lenders in connection with the three tranche (US Dollar, Pakistan Rupee and Islamic) US$1.95bn development and financing of the Thar mine-mouth coal-fired power plant in Pakistan
- lenders in connection with the development and financing of a coal-fired power plant in Indonesia
- lenders on a number of windfarm and gas-fired power projects in Thailand (including the Gunkul 60MW windfarm project)
- the project company on all construction and other project documents for the 300MW Thanet offshore wind project in the English Channel.
Kevin also has experience of advising on regulatory disputes in the power sector and has spent time on secondment to a major European utility active in renewables
- 2016 to date Counsel, Linklaters, Singapore
- 2008 - 2016 Managing Associate, Linklaters, London, Singapore
- 2007 - 2008 Associate, Linklaters, London
- 2006 - 2007 Senior Solicitor, McGrigors LLP, London
- 2003 - 2006 Associate, McGrigor Donald / KLegal, London
2001 Glasgow Graduate School of Law, Dip LP
- 2000 University of Glasgow, LLB (Hons)