Real Estate Partner, Stockholm
“I have 25 years’ experience of advising on cross-border corporate transactions, focusing on real estate assets in the Nordic countries. Together with my profound knowledge of the market and technical expertise, I have considerable negotiation skills to assist clients achieve their strategic and commercial objectives smoothly, efficiently and satisfactorily.”
Education and qualifications
Magnus heads the firm’s Stockholm office M&A Real Estate practice and is widely acknowledged as one of the leading real estate lawyers in the Nordic region. Magnus has extensive experience of corporate, finance and real estate law in property-related transactions, with specialist proficiency in real estate M&A.
Magnus has led on transactions involving investors, developers, sponsors and lenders buying, selling and developing real estate in the Nordic region, in which most contracts are in English and governed by Swedish law. He works closely with the firm’s other experts in Finance and Tax to offer clients a comprehensive service that meets all their real estate-related legal requirements.
Magnus also holds a place in ranking institute Chambers band 1 and is listed as a ‘’leading individual’’ in the Swedish Real Estate market by Legal500.
Magnus has led on many of the market’s most high-profile real estate transactions. Highlights include advising:
- Brookfield: advising on the SEK 9.2bn acquisition of 49% in the newly formed EduCo portfolio (social infrastructure portfolio for public education) from SBB, as well as advising on the establishing of a joint venture with SBB regarding the ownership of EduCo.
- Akelius Residential Property AB (Publ): advising on the landmark EUR 9.1bn divestment of Akelius entire residential portfolio in Sweden, Denmark and Germany.
- Invesco Real Estate: advising on the divestment of Securitas’ HQ in central Stockholm and the acquisition of a logistic property in south of Sweden.
- Angelo Gordon: advising on the divestment of a large office premises on Södermalm to Blackstone.
- EQT Real Estate: advising on the SEK 1bn acquisition of a warehouse and logistics portfolio and the subsequent add-on transactions, the SEK 8bn takeover of Stendörren Fastigheter AB (publ), which was carried out as a private purchase of the majority shares in Stendörren Fastigheter AB (publ), followed by a mandatory public offer on the outstanding shares.
- Barings: advising on the acquisition of an office property in the Stockholm CBD.
- BlackRock: advising on several investment logistic properties in Sweden.
- Rodamco Sverige AB (part of the Unibail-Rodamco-Westfield-group): advising on the divestment of the Solna Centrum Shopping Centre, in the greater Stockholm area.
- Barings: advising on the acquisition of six logistics properties (two located in the greater Stockholm area, one in the greater Malmö area, one in the greater Gothenburg area and two in the Helsingborg area) from various subsidiaries to the listed company Skanska AB (publ).
Magnus is a board member of the Swedish section of the Urban Land Institute, a global non-profit education and research institute.