Marcin has nearly 20 years’ experience of advising international financial institutions, private equity funds and the largest Polish corporates on Polish and cross-border M&A transactions, including M&A work, private equity transactions, restructuring (including sale of distressed assets) and pre-sale restructurings.
Marcin also co-leads the firm’s Financial Regulation Group, which advises investment funds, financial, credit and insurance institutions, as well as listed companies, on regulatory matters under Polish and European law.
Marcin has led on many major transactions. These include advising:
- PZU, the largest insurer in CEE on the PLN1.5bn acquisition of Bank BPH from GE Capital, and on the acquisition of RSA’s insurance operations in Poland, Lithuania, Latvia and Estonia and the subsequent disposal of its Lithuanian subsidiary
- Ciech Group, the leading Polish chemical company, on all legal aspects of a cross-border acquisition of SAPEC, one of the largest chemicals groups in Europe
- Chariot Top Group, a company co-managed by Griffin Real Estate, on the €1bn acquisition of a portfolio of 28 retail assets, including nine shopping centres in Poland, and subsequent resale of part of the portfolio
- Grupo Santander on the acquisition of AIG’s banking operations in Poland and subsequent reorganisations of the Santander Consumer Bank operations
- Alinda Capital Partners, the U.S.-based infrastructure investment firm, on the acquisition of 100% shares in Emitel, the leading television and radio broadcast infrastructure provider in Poland
- Nestlé on all Polish aspects of its joint venture with PAI, a leading French private equity house, to merge Nestlé's ice cream and frozen food business with R&R Ice Cream
- inBank on corporate and regulatory aspects of its entry to the Polish market
Marcin previously regularly wrote a legal column for Poland’s principal newspapers. He regularly contributes to industry conferences on M&A and the regulatory environment.
He mentors students at the Warsaw School of Economics and the Warsaw University.
Education and qualifications
Marcin studied law at the University of Poznań, the European University Viadrina, Frankfurt, and the University of Abo, Finland.
He speaks English, Polish and German.