Associate, New York
Education and qualifications
- Global mining company: advising in a Delaware appraisal action following a major U.S. acquisition.
- Major financial services firm: advising on a multijurisdictional bribery and corruption investigation.
- Global financial institution: advising in connection with a forex investigation by the DOJ.
- Global mining company: advising on conflict minerals disclosures.
- United Nations Development System: reviewing and making recommendations on governance.
- World Humanitarian Summit Secretariat: advising on a number of issues relating to governance in the humanitarian sector.
Menaka is a member of the United Nations Committee of the New York City Bar Association.
Menaka writes on a variety of topics relating to governance and international development. Her recent publications include:
Co-author, “New Global Child Support Convention Holds Promise for Millions of Children Worldwide”, The Huffington Post, May 2014
Co-author, “Governance for the United Nations Development System: Adapting to Meet the Challenges of a Changing World,” Linklaters LLP, May 2016
Co-author, “Ethics & Compliance, Crisis Management and the Rule of Law,” Linklaters LLP, May 2017