Senior U.S. Associate, New York
Education and qualifications
Menaka is a Senior Associate in Linklaters' Dispute Resolution practice with broad experience in civil and criminal cases, including white collar and contentious regulatory matters before state, federal and foreign regulators, as well as a particular focus on Environmental, Social, and Governance (ESG) matters. She draws on a wide range of international experience in international development and human rights prior to joining Linklaters, including at the Extraordinary Chambers in the Courts of Cambodia, the court conducting trials of the Khmer Rouge regime responsible for the Cambodian genocide, and the United Nations Office for South-South Co-operation. Her pro bono practice centers around key themes of international human rights; immigrant rights; and supporting survivors of domestic violence and discrimination.
- Major financial services firm: advising on a multijurisdictional bribery and corruption investigation.
- Global mining company: advising in a Delaware appraisal action following a major U.S. acquisition.
- Global financial institution: advising in connection with a forex investigation by the DOJ.
Environment, Social and Governance
- Major multinationals and financial institutions: on various ESG topics, including litigation risks arising from private claims and federal and state enforcement relating to climate regulations, “greenwashing,” and human rights issues in supply chains.
- Multinational based in Latin America: advising on issues of governance and compliance, including ABC and ESG (social) issues.
2014 to date: Associate, Linklaters, New York
Menaka is a member of the American Bar Association’s Working Group to Draft Human Rights Protections in International Supply Contracts (which drafted and adopted the Model Contract Clauses for International Supply Chains, version 2.0), and the United Nations Committee of the New York City Bar Association.
In 2020, Menaka spent nine months on secondment with Linklaters London Dispute Resolution Group.
Menaka was a participant in the 2021-22 cohort of Linklaters’ ESG Accelerator Program, run in conjunction with Oxford University.
Education and qualifications
- 2021: Certificate in Sustainable Capitalism and ESG, University of Berkeley School of Law Executive Education (online).
- 2014: Duke University School of Law, J.D., LL.M. in International and Comparative Law, H. Haywood Robbins Scholar
- 2010: Duke University, B.A., with honors, magna cum laude, Phi Beta Kappa and Pi Sigma Alpha
- Co-author, “Implementing Human Rights Protections in International Supply Contracts – ‘Version 2.0’ of the American Bar Association Working Group’s Model Contract Clauses,” Linklaters LLP, April 2021.
- Co-author, “Greenwashing and plastics recycling: a cross-border focus,” Linklaters LLP, July 2021.
- Co-author, “U.S. climate change disclosure – What should companies be thinking about?”, Linklaters LLP, September 2021.