Solicitor of the Senior Courts of England and Wales
Solicitor of the Supreme Court of New South Wales, Australia
Specialised experience in acquisition finance, structured finance, trade finance, refinancing, restructuring and tax based structured transactions.
Transactions of significance where substantial involvement can be disclosed have included:
- coordinators and a large syndicate of lenders on a €8bn multi-currency revolving credit facility to a premium German automobile manufacturer to refinance its existing 2011 revolving credit facility
- Tank & Rast on the senior secured credit facilities and associated hedging transactions in connection with the complete refinancing of its existing senior and junior credit facilities, subsequent repricing and equity owners on its sale to Allianz led consortium
- the equity consortium on the financing of the acquisition of Open Grid Europe from E.ON, the subsequent refinancing through the establishment of the EMTN programme and a new revolving credit facility for Vier Gas Transport and the establishment of the European Commercial Paper Programme
- Almatis on its restructuring, inter alia, through Chapter 11 proceedings under US law, and the exit financing as well as the subsequent refinancing of Almatis following the acquisition by OYAK
- Bank of China as Agent and Arranger in relation to a €199m unsecured term loan facility for Independent Power Transmission Operator, (ADMIE in Greek), the operator of the national electricity transmission system of Greece
2010 to date Partner, Linklaters, Frankfurt
2003 - 2010 Managing Associate, Linklaters, London
2001 - 2003 Senior Associate, Banking & Finance Group, Mallesons Stephen Jaques, Sydney
1999 - 2001 Solicitor, Securities & Financial Products Group, Mallesons Stephen Jaques, Sydney
1997 - 1999 Legal Assistant, Citibank Limited, Sydney
1993 - 1997 General Counsel & Vice President, Citibank a.s., Prague and Citibank (Slovakia) a.s., Bratislava
1995 - 2000 Charles University, Prague, Ph.D.
1998 - 1999 College of Law, Sydney
1997 - 1998 University of New South Wales, Sydney, Bachelor of Laws
1987 - 1993 Charles University, Prague, Ph.D.
1990 - 1991 University of Passau, Passau, German Law Certificate
1987 - 1993 Charles University, Prag, Bachelor of Laws (Hons) equivalent
English, German, Slovak, Russian, Polish and Czech (native)