Head of Banking Practice, Moscow
Nikolai is a Partner in the Linklaters Moscow Finance and Projects practice.
He specialises in cross-border syndicated lending, restructurings and structured financings in the CIS region. Nikolai also has experience in M&A deals and has acted for purchasers and sellers.
Nikolai has advised on a number of notable transactions in the Russian and CIS markets, including advising:
- arrangers and lenders on pre-export financings for EVRAZ, Metalloinvest, Severstal, Uralkali, Petropavlosvk and VSMPO-Avisma
- Glencore on the long-term crude supply contracts with Rosneft with a US$10bn prepayment mechanism
- Russian and international lenders in the restructuring of debts of major Russian, Ukrainian and Kazakh companies (Mechel, DTEK, Svyaznoy, Eurasian Resources Group, Naftogaz, Ukravtodor, Integra)
- Sberbank on a multi-jurisdictional EUR6bn debt restructuring of Agrokor Group
- the buyers in connection with the acquisition of Wimm Bill Dann by PepsiCo and the acquisition of Baltimor by Unilever and the seller in connection with the sale by Bank of Cyprus of Uniastrum Bank
2021 to date: Partner, Linklaters, Moscow
2016 - 2021: Counsel, Linklaters, Moscow
2012 - 2016: Managing Associate, Linklaters, Moscow
2006 - 2012: Associate, Linklaters, Moscow and London
2005 - 2006: Trainee Lawyer, Linklaters, Moscow
2004 - 2005: Legal Adviser in the Association of Russian Banks
2001 - 2006: Moscow State University, Diploma in Law (with honours)