Corporate/M&A Partner, New York
Peter represents domestic and international clients in all aspects of complex cross-border transactions, including public and private mergers, acquisitions, leveraged buyouts, equity and asset sales, tender offers, exchange offers, recapitalisations and joint ventures.
Peter also advises clients on SEC compliance and reporting, governance issues and corporate and securities law matters.
Recently Peter has represented:
- Montagu Private Equity LLP, a London-based private equity house, on its acquisition of the flexographic printing division of Kodak by way of a share and asset deal following an auction process, and the negotiation of long-term commercial arrangements which will be in place between Montagu and Kodak going forward
- Whirlpool Corporation on the US$1.08bn sale of its Embraco compressor business to Nidec Corporation, a leading manufacturer of electric motors
- Takeda Pharmaceutical Company Limited in relation to the acquisition of the entire issued and to be issued ordinary share capital of Shire plc in the largest takeover ever carried out by a Japanese company
- Sibanye Gold Limited on its acquisition of Stillwater Mining Company and related equity issuance
- Steinhoff on its acquisition of U.S. mattress retailer, Mattress Firm
- Grupo Inversor Petroquímica S.L., WST S.A., and PCT LLC on the U.S. tender offer for a number of shares in Transportadora de Gas Del Sur, the biggest gas transporter in Argentina
- Oil Search on its terminated US$2.2bn acquisition of InterOil
- AMEC in connection with its US$3.2bn acquisition of Foster Wheeler
- Deutsche Börse on its terminated merger with NYSE Euronext
- Novartis in its transformational restructuring involving three strategic deals with GlaxoSmithKline (GSK), including the acquisition of GSK’s oncology division, the sale of Novartis’ vaccines business and the creation of a joint venture involving the combination of Novartis’ OTC business with GSK’s consumer healthcare business; on the acquisition of Spinifex Pharmaceuticals; and on the sale to Questcor Pharmaceuticals of rights to develop Synacthen® and Synacthen Depot in the U.S. and certain countries outside the U.S.
- ASSA ABLOY on its acquisitions of Amarr Company, Ameristar Fence Products, Jerith Manufacturing, 4Front Engineered Solutions, August Home, Luxer Holdings, KEYper Systems and LifeSafety Power
- the Belgian Post Group on its acquisition of Radial Holdings, L.P. and Radial III GP, LLC, a leading provider of integrated e-commerce logistics and omnichannel technology solutions
- WellPoint, Inc., now Anthem, Inc., on its acquisition of CareMore Health Group
- New York Life on the sale of its businesses in Hong Kong and South Korea to ACE Group
- Petrochemical Industries Company K.S.C. in the US$3.2bn sale of MEGlobal, together with its joint venture partner Dow Chemical Company, to EQUATE Petrochemical Company K.S.C.C.
- DONG Energy Wind Power U.S. Inc. on its entry into a 50/50 joint venture with Eversource Energy to develop, construct and operate a utility-scale wind project off the coast of Massachusetts with the potential to generate over 2,000MW of electricity
Peter regularly speaks on differences between U.S. and European M&A law and market practice, and co-authoured the 2015 article “Using Europe’s M&A Regime for Tactical Advantage” with Nick Rumsby (published in Today’s General Counsel).
Peter is the Diversity Partner for our New York office, and was the firm’s 2014 Leadership Council on Legal Diversity Fellow.
Peter has been recognised in the field of M&A in both Legal 500 U.S. and Super Lawyers, which has described him as a “highly rated adviser”.
2002 - New York University School of Law, J.D., cum laude
1998 - Brown University, A.B., magna cum laude
Peter is a member of the New York bar.