Sabine advises clients in the air transport, pharmaceutical, IT, food and industry sectors. She has in-depth expertise in competition and antitrust litigation before the European Commission, the French Competition Authority (FCA) and European and national courts in cartels and follow-on civil damages actions, vertical agreements, abuse of dominant position, merger and state aid cases.
Recent experience includes advising:
- Air France and Air France-KLM in the international cartel investigation in the air freight sector and related civil actions. Sabine was in charge of the case before the European Commission and the EU General Court in appeal proceedings against the Commission’s decision of 9 November 2010 imposing a EUR 340 million fine on the Air France-KLM group, unprecedentedly overturned by the EU General Court on 16 December 2015. Furthermore, she has supervised the global coordination of antitrust and civil defence in ten jurisdictions across five continents. For this matter, Sabine received the “Matter of the Year” Award at the GCR Awards 2016
- GoodMills Deutschland in its 2016 successful appeal of the FCA’s flour cartel decision of 13 March 2012
- Nestlé in its appeal of the FCA’s decision of 20 March 2012 relating to vertical restraints in the pet food sector
- Legris Industries and its former subsidiary Comap in their EU appeals of the Commission’s copper fittings cartel decision and in their follow-on damages actions
- Sanofi in a high profile swap operation of its Animal Health business, lodged with its subsidiary Merial, for Boehringer’s Consumer Health Care. For this matter, Sabine is nominated to receive the “Matter of the Year” award at the GCR Awards 2017
In 2014, Sabine represented the Paris office in the Linklaters Women’s Leadership Programme.
2014 to date Counsel, Competition/Antitrust department, Linklaters Paris
2010 – 2014 Managing associate, Linklaters Paris
2004 – 2010 Associate, Jones Day, Paris
2003 Trainee, Jones Day, Paris
2004 Admitted to the Paris Bar
2003 Ph.D in European Competition Law
1996 LLM (DEA) in Economic Law, University of Orléans
1995 Master’s degree (DESS) in European Business Law, University of Paris II-Panthéon Assas