Dr. Sven Schelo
Restructuring & Insolvency Partner, Frankfurt
“I am an experienced restructuring and insolvency lawyer. I offer calm, considered and authoritative advice to help clients achieve viable outcomes in situations where business is at its most threatened, drawing on my extensive practical experience of resolution in a wide range of circumstances.”
Education and qualifications
Sven is widely acknowledged for his expertise in restructuring and insolvency. Sven advises creditors, including banks and other financial investors and steering committees, insolvency office holders and corporate debtors and their directors on a wide range of workouts, business recoveries, stressed financings, distressed M&A and administrations and liquidations. Sven has particular experience advising banks on restructurings.
Sven also advises on insolvency litigation. As a qualified mediator, he is able to assist businesses to mediate disputes, where mediation is a suitable approach to resolving disputes.
- The insolvency administrators of Gebrüder Kunze GmbH and IBEX Automotive GmbH (two affiliated automotive suppliers) on the sale of the entities by way of an asset-deal
- E.ON in relation to the restructuring and insolvency issues at its Brazilian investee ENEVA
- PricewaterhouseCoopers as insolvency administrator in connection with the insolvency of Lehman Brothers International (Europe)
- Schneider Geiwitz & Partner a s insolvency administrator of Schlecker group (Germany) on the sale of Schlecker SNC, the French drugstore activities (about 140 shops located in South of France) of German Schlecker Group to Système U, one of the French leading retail companies
- The insolvency administrators of Anton Schlecker e.K. on the sale of the shares representing 100% of the share capital in the Spanish company Schlecker, S.A., and indirectly its fully owned Portuguese subsidiary Schlecker Portugal Sociedade Unipessoal, from Schlecker International GmbH to a Spanish major supermarket chain listed company Distribuidora Internacional de Alimentación, S.A. ("DIA")
- A German bank and its management board in its financial distress, options and directors duties
- A group of senior only lenders including Credit Agricole, Carlyle, GE, Pramerica, Credit Suisse, Alpstar and Invesco on the corporate and financial restructuring of the PrimaCom group implemented through an English law scheme of arrangement