Managing Associate, London
Tom advises corporate and financial sponsor clients (including private equity houses, sovereign wealth funds and high-net worth individuals) across a range of areas, including public and private M&A, joint venture and shareholder arrangements, reorganisations and restructurings and corporate and commercial portfolio company matters.
Tom has a particular focus on the Sports sector and is co-lead of the firm’s Sports sector group.
Tom’s recent experience includes advising:
- CPPIB and TCV on the c.€2.1bn consortium acquisition of a majority stake in Sportradar
- Bill Kenwright and others on the sale of Everton F.C. to Farhad Moshiri
- Sir Ben Ainslie and Athena Racing on the £110m formation of a new team (INEOS Team UK) to challenge for the 36th America's Cup
- HgCapital, Bain Capital and Intermediate Capital Group on the €1.2bn disposal of the TeamSystem Group to Hellman & Friedman
- Terra Firma and Deutsche Asset Management on the disposal of their shareholdings in Tank & Rast
- Brait on the £1.9bn acquisition of New Look
- TDR Capital on numerous matters including on its investment into Euro Garages (valuing the business at £1.3bn) and on David Lloyd Leisure’s acquisition of 14 fitness and racquet clubs from Virgin Active