This document sets out the terms on which you (the “User”, “you”, “your”) may make use of Linklater’s Linklaters Live platform (the “Platform”).
1. Information about us
The Platform has been commissioned by us Linklaters (“we”, “us”, “our” “Linklaters”).
Linklaters LLP is a limited liability partnership registered in England and Wales with registered number OC326345. It is a law firm authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority (SRA ID 460682). The term partner in relation to Linklaters LLP is used to refer to a member of Linklaters LLP or an employee or consultant of Linklaters LLP or any of its affiliated firms or entities with equivalent standing and qualifications. A list of the names of the members of Linklaters LLP together with a list of those non-members who are designated as partners and their professional qualifications is open to inspection at its registered office, One Silk Street, London EC2Y 8HQ, England or on www.linklaters.com and such persons are either solicitors or registered foreign lawyers.
Linklaters LLP is registered for VAT purposes with VAT registration number GB 918 4909 90.
2. Users of the Platform
The Platform allows Users to access resources and information either produced by Linklaters or third parties. You can use the Platform and any of its features that we may make available from time-to-time.
The Platform is made available to Users free of charge.
3. Accessing the Platform
Access to the Platform is permitted on a temporary basis only and we may suspend, withdraw, or discontinue all or any part of the Platform and/or the ability for you to access any account which you may have registered without notice.
We may provide you with temporary access to all or part of the Platform. You may only use the Platform for the duration of the access granted.
4. Your access
If you are using the Platform for the first time, you will be required to enter your email address.
A link to the Platform will be sent to your email address. We reserve the right to monitor your use of the Platform and our associated infrastructure and services using user tracking and logging by various means (including cookies), and to permit law enforcers to monitor it (which we may permit them to do in real time or by accessing our logging records).
- view your direct messages on the Platform;
- refuse your further use of and/or access to the Platform; and/or
- delete or disable your account (if applicable).
Links sent to your email address are personal to you and you must not share them with anyone else. If you know or suspect that anyone other than you has access to the link sent to your email address please promptly notify us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
5. Prohibited Uses
In accessing any part of the Platform, you agree not to do so:
- In any way that breaches any applicable local, national or international law or regulation.
- In any way that is unlawful or fraudulent or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect.
- For the purpose of harming or attempting to harm minors in any way.
- To bully, insult, intimidate or humiliate any person.
- To transmit, or procure the sending of, any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material or any other form of similar solicitation (spam).
- To knowingly transmit any data, send or upload any material that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time-bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or any other harmful programs or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware.
- To upload terrorist content.
6. Interactive services
We may provide interactive services on the Platform, including, without limitation:
- Video-sharing facilities.
- Audio-sharing facilities.
- Discussion area functions.
- Direct messaging functions.
- Ability to exchange business cards.
We are under no obligation to oversee, monitor or moderate any interactive service we provide on the Platform, although we may, and we expressly exclude our liability for any loss or damage arising from the use of any interactive service by a User in contravention of our Content Standards, whether the service is moderated or not. Information may also be accessed about your use of the interactive services for up to 2 years after you stop using the interactive services for compliance purposes.
You may choose to be a hidden participant by updating your profile. Your anonymity only remains if you select “submit as anonymous” when submitting a question during a livestream. Please note that if you interact with other participants, speakers or presenters on the Platform, for example via the discussion area, direct messaging functions or by joining a breakout session, then you will lose anonymity. Each event is unique and if you wish to remain hidden for future events, your profile will need to be refreshed for each event.
7. Content standards
The content standards set out below (“Content Standards”) apply to any and all material which you contribute to our site (“Contribution”), and to any interactive services associated with it. The Content Standards must be complied with in spirit as well as to the letter. The standards apply to each part of any Contribution as well as to its whole. Linklaters will determine, in its discretion, whether a Contribution breaches the Content Standards.
A Contribution must:
- Be accurate (where it states facts).
- Be genuinely held (where it states opinions).
- Comply with the law applicable in England and Wales and in any country from which it is posted.
A Contribution must not:
- Be defamatory of any person.
- Be obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory.
- Bully, insult, intimidate or humiliate.
- Promote sexually explicit material.
- Include child sexual abuse material.
- Promote violence.
- Promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age.
- Infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person.
- Be likely to deceive any person.
- Breach any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence.
- Promote any illegal content or activity.
- Be in contempt of court.
- Be threatening, abuse or invade another's privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety.
- Be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person.
- Impersonate any person or misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person.
- Give the impression that the Contribution emanates from Linklaters, if this is not the case.
- Advocate, promote, incite any party to commit, or assist any unlawful or criminal act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse.
- Contain a statement which you know or believe, or have reasonable grounds for believing, that members of the public to whom the statement is, or is to be, published are likely to understand as a direct or indirect encouragement or other inducement to the commission, preparation or instigation of acts of terrorism.
- Contain any advertising or promote any services or goods.
Linklaters reserves the right to block your access to the Platform or remove content posted by you where Linklaters believes that you have breached the Content Standards.
If you have any problems using the Platform or any concerns about a Contribution, you can contact us by email at email@example.com. We will do our best to resolve your query or concern, but we may not always be able to.
9. Intellectual property
Linklaters owns, or is licensed to use, all intellectual property rights in and to the Platform, its content, sources, information, and all technical infrastructure relating to it (the “Materials”), together with the right for us to grant sub-licences to third parties.
The contents of the Platform are protected by copyright under international conventions. Users are permitted to read the contents and make copies for their own personal use. You may also give copies (in paper or electronic form) of reasonable extracts on an occasional basis free of charge to colleagues and clients for their personal use, on terms that (i) Linklaters is acknowledged as the source, (ii) the text is not altered in any way and (iii) the attention of recipients is drawn to this warning. All other use and copying of any of the contents of the Platform is prohibited unless the prior written consent of Linklaters is obtained. Linklaters reserves the right at its absolute discretion to prohibit any link to materials or information on the Platform. Where access to restricted parts of the Platform is subject to more specific terms, those terms apply instead. Copying from websites of third parties is subject to any requirements applicable to those sites.
You are not permitted to reproduce, copy, distribute or exploit, in any way, the Materials for commercial gain.
"Linklaters" is a registered trade mark. We own, or are licensed to use, all trademarks, service marks and logos (the “Marks”) displayed on the Platform. You are not permitted to use any of the Marks without our prior written consent. Under the New York Rules of Professional Conduct, portions of the Platform may contain material constituting attorney advertising. The following statement is made in accordance with those rules: ATTORNEY ADVERTISING. PRIOR RESULTS DO NOT GUARANTEE A FUTURE OR SIMILAR OUTCOME.
10. No reliance on information
The information provided on the Platform is for general information purposes only and does not claim to be comprehensive or provide legal or other advice. Articles and other publications on the Platform are current as of their date of publication and do not necessarily reflect the present law or regulations. As a global law firm, we may also make content available to you that does not reflect the laws and regulations of your jurisdiction. Linklaters accepts no responsibility for loss which may arise from accessing or reliance on information contained on the Platform. Linklaters is not responsible for the content of external internet sites that link to the Platform or which are linked from it.
11. Privacy and marketing
We take your privacy seriously. Personal data you provide to us when using the Platform and/or creating an account is processed in accordance with our Global Privacy Notice.
For further information about how we use your personal information, including your right to access and correct that information, please see our Global Privacy Notice.
12. Limitations of liability
Whether you are a consumer or business user:
Any information or other material contained in the Platform are made available strictly on the basis that you accept it on an ‘as is’ basis. We do not warrant that the Platform will meet any requirements which you may have or that it, and any content or features on it, will always be available, error free, virus free or uninterrupted, and we do not warrant as to the reliability, accuracy and completeness of any Materials or information that have been uploaded to the Platform. You are responsible for configuring your information technology, computer programmes and platform to access the Platform. You should use your own virus protection software. Where you rely on any information or other material contained in the Platform (whether uploaded by us or third parties, and including Materials and responses), you do so entirely at your own risk.
If you are a business user:
We exclude all implied conditions, warranties, representations or other terms that may apply to the Platform or any content on it.
We will not be liable to you for any loss or damage, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, even if foreseeable, arising under or in connection with:
- use of, or inability to use, the Platform; or
- use of or reliance on any content displayed on the Platform.
In particular, we will not be liable for:
- loss of profits, sales, business, or revenue;
- business interruption;
- loss of anticipated savings;
- loss of business opportunity, goodwill or reputation; or
- any indirect or consequential loss or damage.
If you are a consumer user:
Please note that we only provide the Platform for domestic and private use. You agree not to use the Platform for any commercial or business purposes, and we have no liability to you for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption, or loss of business opportunity.
13. Third party links
14. Governing law
The Platform has been designed to comply with English law.
15. Contact details
One Silk Street